What does a stock pulley look like??

r6bullet

Established Member
ReVviNg HiGh said:
+1 on the Steeda 2.81 pulley. I have the same one and 28.9 is too much. I bought a 04 cobra in dec. for 23K with 39k miles with $2500 worth in wheels and tires.

Wow, how did you find that deal?? I love those wheels on your car as well. I really want this car, but there is NO way I will be paying that price. They told me that they would work on the price, whatever that means. Anyways thanks for the help guys, hopefully I will be able to make a new post very soon that says "pics of my new cobra". :beer:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
r6bullet said:
Wow, how did you find that deal?? I love those wheels on your car as well. I really want this car, but there is NO way I will be paying that price. They told me that they would work on the price, whatever that means. Anyways thanks for the help guys, hopefully I will be able to make a new post very soon that says "pics of my new cobra". :beer:

I got the deal through good ol SVTP :beer: Stock pulley, MGW shifter, Magnaflow X and catback and wheels and tires for 23.2K. Pulled up the OASIS report and carfax and they were clean. Bought the car the next day after i put it on ramps to make sure she was dry.

Sometimes you have to wait for a good deal. I didnt want to pay more than 24K for a 03/04 so i decided i had to go to the 35-40K mile range.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
My friend just paid $24.5 on a black 04 with 21k miles. He found it in St. Louis. He drove from NJ to St. Louis to get it the deal was soo great.

r6bullet

Established Member
ReVviNg HiGh said:
I got the deal through good ol SVTP :beer: Stock pulley, MGW shifter, Magnaflow X and catback and wheels and tires for 23.2K. Pulled up the OASIS report and carfax and they were clean. Bought the car the next day after i put it on ramps to make sure she was dry.

Sometimes you have to wait for a good deal. I didnt want to pay more than 24K for a 03/04 so i decided i had to go to the 35-40K mile range.

That is a great deal, I have wanted a cobra since well 03 when they came out but have been really searching for one for about two months. Also where can I pull up an OASIS report? What is that exactly?

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
r6bullet said:
That is a great deal, I have wanted a cobra since well 03 when they came out but have been really searching for one for about two months. Also where can I pull up an OASIS report? What is that exactly?

Its a report that shows all of the warranty claims and service work. Any dealer can pull one up for you. A guy here on SVTP does them for members. I forget his name though. A friend that used to work at a ford dealer ran my report for me.

CobraMac

Established Member
Is it just me, or does that MAF look like it is torqued at a weird angle where it is going into the stock filter housing? I bought mine with an aftermarket intake, but I have never seen a stock one looking like that. It looks quite out of place to me. Doesn't seem right

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any car that appears to have been de-modded needs to be examined with great care before plopping down your money. The dealer likely doesn't even know the car might have been de-modded. It was probably a trade-in. Regardless, the problem is that unless you know the previous owner you have little idea what the car has been through. I would definitely want the motor checked out, A/F checked, etc. I'd also look for any tell-tale signs the car was raced.

Here's some more useful info on my website for those looking at used Cobras. http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm#_Toc35092330

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Personally, I would steer clear of that car. That's the type of situation
where someone runs a small upper pulley with no tune.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
unit213 said:
Personally, I would steer clear of that car. That's the type of situation
where someone runs a small upper pulley with no tune.

I agree with unit213. My car came with a 2.80,Diablo chip,CAI and caster cambers, Luckly I was able to put it on the lift and check it all out. Pulled the PCM to make sure it had a chip like they said it did. And I had the copy of the receipt on the work done on the car. I even put the car on the dyno to check AFR :kaboom: Then I took it back and bought it. I also had the dealer change the oil and the back brakes. You need to be carefull buying a car like this. I only bought mine with mods because it had all the stock parts in the trunk and documentation on the work done. So be carefull. You dont want to buy a car with a hurt engine because someone else was cheap and slapped a pulley on it with no tune. :fm:

JMG

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
JMBLOWNWS6 said:
I agree with unit213.

That's because you're a wise man...or maybe it's a wise ass...can't
recall exactly. :D

The last thing you want to do is spend $25K or so and start modding
the car and the motor lets go because some dumbass spun the shit
out of the blower on a stock tune. Buying a modded Cobra from someone
I don't know would scare me.

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Just be open minded, is what I always tell someone who wants to get into a Teminator. There is a very good chance that it was modded/raced in some way. Is'nt that why we all buy these cars in the first place?
These are great cars, check it out properly (A/F, leakdown etc) and buy it if the price is right.:burnout:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
The MAF is located in the 10' o'clock position in the pic, just like the stocker is.

Yep, you are right. I looked at some of my older stock pics and I was right around 10 - 1030. My old intake had it positioned at around 1100.

Thanks

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
yea thats not a stock pulley and They're asking way to much. Be patient and find the right one. I got mine down to 27 and change with 3k on it.

Users who are viewing this thread