What does your sbtb idle at?

Fostang

Established Member
Just got a sbtb billetflow on my whippled cobra.

Set the idle per the instructions but due the pulling vacuum it won't idle below 1000 rpm does that sound about right for all you guys with this set up?

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I got a Accufab on my Cobra and it will idle a little over 1k until it gets warm. Then it will drop down below 1k after it gets to temp. Do a search, there are some posts involving a SBTB idling a little high.

SVTDice

Established Member
I have a Ported Dragon and it idles about 950-975 or so. After all warmed up. I thought it was weird but..I honestly don't mind. I like the sound/feel of it.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
i highly doubt it has anything to do with the pcm learning the sbtb.. from what i have seen its the design of the sbtb, my billetflow tb idles high sometimes and other times it works fine.. alot of it is the fact that it dont close properly.. i can push the little arm down on the side of the tb, and it will always drop my idle to the 700 range.. i think its more of the fact that we need to wear the tb in, and it will free itself up..

Avispa

Established Member
Ugh...if you guys only knew how many carburetor throttle plates I've had to do surgery on, you'd appreciate that these damn aftermarket manufacturers spend way too much time making the TB housing pretty and not enough time making sure the throttle blade is correctly shaped and correctly centered in the housing. JDM Engineering told me they have to adjust almost every Accufab SBTB they sell. Accufab says don't mess with the stop screw, but I had to back mine all the way out, recenter the throttle blade and then just move the stop screw out enough to keep the throttle blade from sticking. It was idling at 1200 when I did my Whipple install. Now its 750 with the AC on and 800 with it off. You may have to get your friendly tuner to recalibrate the TPS input to your tune, too.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I have a billetflow as well. I tried resetting my TB twice per billetflow instruction, my mechanic friend who works on these cars messed with it also, and it still idles all over the place. It usually idles around 1200-1400rpm (kinda high) unless you blimp the throttle hard then it goes back to around 900rpms. Its also not as responsive as my stock one was. So idk, Ill try doing it one more time when I go retune my car and see if the tuner could probably fix it

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Mine idles around 1k also. As mentioned it's the design of the arm/spring, sometimes it's will idle perfect at 750 or so and other times it will get stuck and stay up around 1300-1400.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Seems to be really common with SBTBs no matter what brand. I have run both the BF and the Dragon so far when I had the Eaton, and will now be trying an Accufab with my current Whipple. I could never quite get the BF right, but the Dragon was pretty good once the computer "learned" it. I also had an extra return spring, and it helped to give the throttle a more controlled feeling in addition to helping keep the blade closed at idle. I've heard a lot of negative about the Accufab, but I will reserve comment until I actually run it for awhile.

stal94gt

Established Member
I have a lfp sbtb and it works fine. Before I got my car tuned I ajusted the stop screw to make sure it does not stick. My tuner took care of the rest. Car idles at 700 rpm and about 1100 cold start with very very little hang time

Users who are viewing this thread