what exactly is different about the tvs blowers?

kennycoulter

Established Member
has anyone taken one apart yet?

i saw on the site that it has 4 lobes per blade as opposed to 3 lobes in an eaton.

the amount of twist was supposed to be i think 160*.

what else is different?

kennycoulter

Established Member
thank you.

does anyone know the clearance between rotors on a new tvs, whipple, k.b.....

do twin screws have the same twist at 160*?

does anyone have the specs for rotor diameter, bearing journal dia., rotor length, and bearing journal length?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Did I miss something? When did TVS blowers come out for our cars?

i think its still a proto-type on the 03/04 cobra. They are making them for the 500 though. Someone one here has one and claims like 630rwhp with it at like 20 psi.:rockon:

kennycoulter

Established Member
i found a site with a guy claiming that tvs or any roots type blower will be larger than its twin screw counterpart.

i still don't know what makes a roots type supercharger a roots type supercharger. the only difference that i USED to know was that a roots wasn't a centrifugal.

the lethal performance ad that is currently showing above, shows a whipple with 1 three lobe rotor, and 1 five lobe rotor.
is it really like that?

why are they called twin screws, if the rotors aren't identical?

Last edited:

adrenaline rush

Established Member
Twin screws do the actual compressing between the rotors. This is the reason why there is a male and female rotor. As oppossed to a roots style, none of the compression is performed between the rotors.

mrose75

Established Member
Did I miss something? When did TVS blowers come out for our cars?

I'm with you...:shrug:

i think its still a proto-type on the 03/04 cobra. They are making them for the 500 though. Someone one here has one and claims like 630rwhp with it at like 20 psi.:rockon:

I've heard/read about them on the forums but not really understanding this. The TVS is what Ford put on the GT 500s? And people are swapping them on to the Terminator's? Is that what's happening here? Is it a direct fit or what? Sorry for my ignorance, but not really up on the GT500, although I would love to have one.

Users who are viewing this thread