What firearm to buy?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
VEPR 12 is the superior shotgun. AK reliable, RPK tough, automatic gas system and excellent recoil control, magazine fed with excellent CsSpecs magazines. I had one and had to sell it. I miss it terribly!

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I have a lot of rifles and hand guns. By far the best lever action rifle I have is by Henry arms. I also have a Marlin 30/30 and .45 that are in the lever action family. I actually put the Henry up against everything that I own. It's the only firearm I own that I haven't had to take a file to or machine in some way to make it feel and work smooth and perfect.
So true, I've got a Henry in .357.

Which is a great load because 1) you can also use .38spl and 2) most indoor ranges allow that caliber

But the action is just so sweet on those and their quality is super. Not too mention, they pretty much started the whole lever action thing !

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Best of both worlds a leveraction and in cheap 7.62X54R

Attachments

• IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    375.5 KB · Views: 57

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a Winchester Model 94 30/30 great gun, but if you wanted a scope it was more work than a Marlin. Henry's actions are much nicer than either the Winchester or the Marlin.

Machdup1

Established Member
I would probably go for .308. Far cheaper and more choice around me than 6.5 Creedmoor. I wish they sold it in good old 30-06 or 7mm Rem Mag.
With a decent scope and maybe a new trigger, the RPR makes a nice platform in .308, especially if you hand load.

If you want to go all out on a 7mm Rem Mag build, let me know and I'll connect you keith at PCR, he built this rifle for me in 7mm Rem Mag:

image1_zpswyquzk6d.jpg

nxhappy

Established Member
With a decent scope and maybe a new trigger, the RPR makes a nice platform in .308, especially if you hand load.

If you want to go all out on a 7mm Rem Mag build, let me know and I'll connect you keith at PCR, he built this rifle for me in 7mm Rem Mag:

image1_zpswyquzk6d.jpg
looks good

_Snake_

Established Member
Awesome rifle. A friend has one in 6mm and it's a tack driver.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
Can't justify tons of $ for a range toy. Local shop has a VEPR 12 for $800. I might try to haggle. If I could get it for $700 OTD, I'd do it.
shit $800 in the gun world is like pocket change LOL

have you considered a handgun?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Vepr12 really is the best semi auto man. Its well worth more than what they are asking for it. AS long as you dont try to SBS it, it will cycle birdshot as well as magnum slugs.

Military arms channel on you tube did a review on an SBS version of it and short of like 2 round of birshot, it cycled everything thrown through it. Fully automatic gas regulation means you can stack birdshot behind a magnum slug, behind 00 buck behind a low recoil round. With the normal 18" barrel, its AK reliable.

Magazine fed, AR style. Standard wire stock, wire folder, or Vepr thumbhole stock version available. Honestly... worth EVERY penny. I wish I never had to sell mine but it paid the bills at the time so.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Vepr12 really is the best semi auto man. Its well worth more than what they are asking for it. AS long as you dont try to SBS it, it will cycle birdshot as well as magnum slugs.

Military arms channel on you tube did a review on an SBS version of it and short of like 2 round of birshot, it cycled everything thrown through it. Fully automatic gas regulation means you can stack birdshot behind a magnum slug, behind 00 buck behind a low recoil round. With the normal 18" barrel, its AK reliable.

Magazine fed, AR style. Standard wire stock, wire folder, or Vepr thumbhole stock version available. Honestly... worth EVERY penny. I wish I never had to sell mine but it paid the bills at the time so.
That's pretty good. My M4 will cycle all of those but I have shot my friend's M4 and I couldn't get bird shot through it without it jamming. From what I was noticing bird shot just didnt have enough punch to fully cycle it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member
shit $800 in the gun world is like pocket change LOL

have you considered a handgun?
They won't haggle on the VEPR. :(

I'm just a cheap ass + it's just gonna be a range toy.
I have handguns already. I want another semi-auto shotgun. I miss my Saiga 12.

Users who are viewing this thread