What gas mileage does your GT500 get??

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
Well just like the title says. City, highway, raceway, w/e.. let hear em all. I've been thinking about selling my Lightning b/c i have my eye set on a C6 Z06 or a GT500. MPG's really isnt a big deal for me seeing that i've never owned a car that got better than 14.. but i'm just curious. Thanks.

AlanSVT

Established Member
16 in the city and the other day I took the car to a car show about 1 hour away and it showed 23 MPG.

Not sure how accurate that is.

Alan

sharke

Established Member
In Miami I get about 9.

In my hometown under mixed conditions I get 15

Pure highway I get 20.5

I have a heat exchanger though and I heard at cruising not letting the engine get as hot can hurt your MPG.

2003 Silver

Banned
Mileage questions on a vehicle like this make me laugh....
Pretty simple...lay off the gas it's not bad, go into boost bye-bye mileage...but then again, that's why you would by a car with a s/c...to go into boost.:sleeping:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I drive 37 miles to work in light/medium traffic with about 10 miles of HWY. I regularly get 19MPG (miles driven/gals pumped). And that is with some "spirited" driving. I have seen appx 23 MPG on HWY only. Basically, I get the same mileage as my 06 Explorer V6, which I drive much easier.

To those of us who drive a muscle car daily (in good weather), MPG does matter, because it determines if we will use it daily or just as a track car or weekend cruiser. I wouldn't drive a car that got 8 MPG 75 miles a day if premium went to $4/gal again.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
According to the car's info center, I'm averaging around 20.5 and when I go racing it drops down to an average of 17.2 or thereabouts. I took it on a road trip and it was right around 22@80 MPH over a long distance.

HIJACK: right before you make a 1/4 mile pass, reset the "average MPH" and look at it after your pass at the top of the return road. :D

Users who are viewing this thread