What happens to value if you put a new motor?

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
I've always wondered this but never thought to ask. I know a lot of people for whatever reason do motor swaps to terminators. A lot of time it will be an aluminator or things like that. For the cars who have had their motors swapped, does that hurt the cars value at all? Does the fact that it's no longer the original terminator engine make it less valuable? Thanks.

Zemedici

Established Member
hmm....the only way i'd overlook a rebuilt/swapped engine was if it was built for a twin turbo/big blower build.

a 'whoops i blew the original motor so i swapped in another' would turn me off to the car.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I personally wouldn't buy one with a swapped/rebuilt motor..

Just to many variables. I mean I understand if there is paperwork/warranty. But even then I would be iffy.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think in most cases cars with new motors have plenty of other mods on them already and the car being in stock/near stock condition has already long gone out the window so its probably not a huge concern for someone wanting to buy a car with that kinda stuff on it.

JDUB348

Established Member
In my car's case I like the fact that I've replaced just about everything on it. The only things left stock with the amount of miles my odometer reads are the shell, blower, transmission, and fuel system. I've replaced just about everything else. I'm the fourth owner of my car so by replacing everything the car's history is now 100% me and anything that goes wrong is on me

I'm at around 5,500 miles on my ford re manufactured engine and it runs perfect :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread