What insurance do you use for your high performance Mustang?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I'm 28 and my insurance is pretty crazy high on the GT-500, so much that I've been looking at the new Focus RS, but I'd prefer to keep the GT-500. What insurance company do you use, and are the rates good? I've noticed a lot of companies don't like to deal with high horse power cars, so was just trying to find a way to make owning this car a bit cheaper. Thanks! :rockon: I'm with Statefarm currently.

sleek98

Established Member
I am currently with Allied, but look at your whole insurance picture, not just one car. Some companies will charge more for your house/apt and give you cheaper car insurance, where some will charge more for the cars but be way cheaper for the house.

Edit: I am 28 with a speeding ticket on my record and my Gt500 is only 600 a year.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I'm 28 and my insurance is pretty crazy high on the GT-500, so much that I've been looking at the new Focus RS, but I'd prefer to keep the GT-500. What insurance company do you use, and are the rates good? I've noticed a lot of companies don't like to deal with high horse power cars, so was just trying to find a way to make owning this car a bit cheaper. Thanks! :rockon: I'm with Statefarm currently.

I am with Statefarm and I pay $51/month

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
I dont pay much on my regular GT. I have a daily driver and the mileage driven on the stang is low. Plus I haven't had a ticket in 6 years and an accident in 10 years. For full coverage, just for the stang with low deductibles I am paying i think 650 a year. Insurance is higher on my 2016 Buick LaCrosse.

P.S. I use Esurance.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It heavily depends on your location as well. Places like Los Angeles is far more expensive to get insured than places with fewer people/accidents/thefts/vandalisms/etc.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Allstate ended up being the cheapest out there for me, out of the bigger companies anyways. I pay 130 a month for full coverage, 0 comprehensive deductible and 500 collision deductible. And I'm in an area where cars are very expensive to insure. Also, I'm 31 with a clean driving record.

t660

Established Member
I looked at policies myself for a while and found numbers from 700-1100 per 6 month policy. I ended up going through and independent agent who found me a deal with Travelers for about $700 per 6 month cycle. $250 deductible, roadside, rental, and good coverage for other things like uninsured motorist. Not sure on the exact details, but it's quality coverage.

I think independent agents are the way to go, especially if you have multiple cars or own a home.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
through Geico I was paying I believe 130 a month for the Shelby.
I can't recall the exact specifics since I changed them when I sold the car, but the detectable was reasonable for both collision and comp.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I pay 150 a month for full coverage on my cobra with Plymouth rock. 2 at fault accidents and im 22.

Gary101386

Established Member
I have Allstate to insure my 3 cars, 2 motorcycles, and my home. I am 29, not married, but own my home.

I think i am planning on getting haggerty after im 30. My insurance rep and i checked and it would almost double the cost of the cobra now, but after i turn 30 it will be about the same as allstate, with more benefits...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you just have to shop. I call around every couple years and the people that were high last time are low this time, people that were low are high now etc...no rhyme or reason for it, no changes in my driving record or anything. I guess it just depends on what underwriting has decided to do that quarter - they change their mind like the wind changes directions

Branhammer

Established Member
Don't worry you only have a couple years left. At midnight on my 30th birthday, this magical switch flipped inside me and I was suddenly ten times better at driving, so my rates dropped. I also automatically became a better and more responsible driver when I bought a house AND when I got married. Just like that, overnight, I went from mediocre to Mario Andretti. You just need to do those things and you will be with the rest of us at the top of the mountain.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you own a house? I'm with State Farm for homeowners, auto, and business. I'm younger than you and pay just over $1200/6 months for full coverage on all of our cars.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Buy a reasonably priced daily driver and put collector car status on the GT500.

this

It heavily depends on your location as well. Places like Los Angeles is far more expensive to get insured than places with fewer people/accidents/thefts/vandalisms/etc.

i live in LA. i pay $600 a year for collector car insurance. $1 million policy with $0 deductible. insured through American Collector Car

Users who are viewing this thread