• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:
"Shelby GT500"

And for the record whenever people ask me what I drive, I just say "SVT Cobra"

+1 because you've got an SVT Cobra. I say Mustang Cobra and then specify the year, as they existed before, but after 2004 they exist NO MORE!!! Ford Shelby GT500, nice car, not an SVT Cobra.

stallwle

Established Member
The ONLY Shelby cobra I have ever heard of, read about or seen has been a Thames Ditton AC roadster with a 260, 289, or 427 pushrod v-8 installed by Carroll Shelby.

The Shelby Mustang GT350, GT350H and GT500 are never referred to as “Cobras” in any of Carroll Shelby’s literature on the cars, even though there are cobra badges and lettering everywhere on the cars.

the new cars are Shelby GT500's just like in 66, 67, etc.

imho

Last edited:

stang22

Established Member
There's only 2 REAL COBRAS,imo(sorry termites and stangs)that was found in the AC COBRA and DAYONA COBRA. Now those were real racing cobras in the day!!;-)

Wintermute

Banned
stang22 said:
There's only 2 REAL COBRAS,imo(sorry termites and stangs)that was found in the AC COBRA and DAYONA COBRA. Now those were real racing cobras in the day!!;-)

Yeah, I guess if we want to take a british AC Ace and stick a big ole 427 in it and call that a cobra, but not the car that Ford calls a cobra. . . um okay. . :smmon:

FBMphil

Established Member
firemanmike said:
+1 because you've got an SVT Cobra. I say Mustang Cobra and then specify the year, as they existed before, but after 2004 they exist NO MORE!!! Ford Shelby GT500, nice car, not an SVT Cobra.
Are you a retard or what? It says SVT on the car because it was engineered and designed by SVT. It's in black and f*cking white, what's so hard to understand?

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
FBMphil said:
Are you a retard or what? It says SVT on the car because it was engineered and designed by SVT. It's in black and f*cking white, what's so hard to understand?

LEFT OVER RIM CENTER CAPS, WOW!!! Asshole, this is not an SVT car, ask anyone who bought one. No SVT owners manual, no SVT certificate, no SVT emblems on the car, no SVT on the window sticker, no SVT in any of the promotional material. This is not an SVT, even a retard knows that DICK!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
firemanmike said:
LEFT OVER RIM CENTER CAPS, WOW!!! Asshole, this is not an SVT car, ask anyone who bought one. No SVT owners manual, no SVT certificate, no SVT emblems on the car, no SVT on the window sticker, no SVT in any of the promotional material. This is not an SVT, even a retard knows that DICK!!!

Mike:

Apparently you have not seen a GT500 in person. SVT is all over the car! :idea:

Excerpts from the owner's manual:

Congratulations on your decision to purchase or lease the latest from Ford SVT - the Shelby GT500. If you've owned or leased an SVT product in the past, we're glad you're back. If this is your first SVT vehicle, welcome to the SVT family.

Your choice of an SVT product...............SVT strives to build engaging vehicles...... performance is at the heart of every SVT vehicle.......

SVT ad nauseum!! It even has a paragraph on SVT history!

This vehicle is an SVT brainchild, designed, tested and taken to production by SVT. Don't kid yourself. This is an SVT product!

:read:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
QUOTE=ac427cobra]Mike:

Apparently you have not seen a GT500 in person. SVT is all over the car! :idea:

Excerpts from the owner's manual:

Congratulations on your decision to purchase or lease the latest from Ford SVT - the Shelby GT500. If you've owned or leased an SVT product in the past, we're glad you're back. If this is your first SVT vehicle, welcome to the SVT family.

Your choice of an SVT product...............SVT strives to build engaging vehicles...... performance is at the heart of every SVT vehicle.......

SVT ad nauseum!! It even has a paragraph on SVT history!

This vehicle is an SVT brainchild, designed, tested and taken to production by SVT. Don't kid yourself. This is an SVT product!

:read:[/QUOTE]

Where is/are the SVT emblems on the car, aside from the center caps? I stand corrected if that's the case, as you say. However. are you getting the SVT certificate? Also, is it a Cobra? Do you consider it to be a Cobra?

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Most people adress it as just the Shelby Gt500. I think Shelby Cobra might work ? Then again people will probably think of the classical one. :shrug:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
firemanmike said:
Where is/are the SVT emblems on the car, aside from the center caps? I stand corrected if that's the case, as you say. However. are you getting the SVT certificate? Also, is it a Cobra? Do you consider it to be a Cobra?

Large "Powered by SVT" plates on each valve cover.

An SVT label on the front of the driver's side valve cover signed by the engine builders.

Large SVT embossed on the door sill plates.

SVT center caps on wheels. (you know about that one) ;-)

I don't seem to be as "hung up" as some people are regarding the "Cobra" moniker? My 2000 Cobra "R" has a 'Mustang' rear bumper? I know what the car is. If someone who doesn't know a lot about the car and thinks it's just a Mustang, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it? The car pretty much speaks for itself when it's on the track! :-D I really don't even call that car a Cobra. It's either "The R" or "Gwen". :D

I refer to this car as either "The Shelby" or the "GT500".

But it most definitely IS an SVT product. Even though SVT is a skeleton of it's former self.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Large "Powered by SVT" plates on each valve cover.

An SVT label on the front of the driver's side valve cover signed by the engine builders.

Large SVT embossed on the door sill plates.

SVT center caps on wheels. (you know about that one) ;-)

I don't seem to be as "hung up" as some people are regarding the "Cobra" moniker? My 2000 Cobra "R" has a 'Mustang' rear bumper? I know what the car is. If someone who doesn't know a lot about the car and thinks it's just a Mustang, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it? The car pretty much speaks for itself when it's on the track! :-D I really don't even call that car a Cobra. It's either "The R" or "Gwen". :D

I refer to this car as either "The Shelby" or the "GT500".

But it most definitely IS an SVT product. Even though SVT is a skeleton of it's former self.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Just saw the Autobahn commercial, its also got SVT guages. I guess, even with the doors virtually closed at SVT, it's an SVT. Will you get a certificate or is SVT's to far gone to get them out to GT500 buyers? So I stand corrected, it is an SVT, but not a Cobra, or does that start another round!!!:lol1: Either way it's an awesome car for those willing to "pony" up the bucks!:beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
firemanmike said:
Just saw the Autobahn commercial, its also got SVT guages. I guess, even with the doors virtually closed at SVT, it's an SVT. Will you get a certificate or is SVT's to far gone to get them out to GT500 buyers? So I stand corrected, it is an SVT, but not a Cobra, or does that start another round!!!:lol1: Either way it's an awesome car for those willing to "pony" up the bucks!:beer:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the custom programable SVT shift light with tone. :-D

I have no clue whether or not I'm going to get a certificate? Don't really care about it to tell you the truth. I do have the title, that's more important. :coolman:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
firemanmike Where is/are the SVT emblems on the car said:
Center caps...on my owners manual cover...in my owner's manual...on the door sills in chrome...on my programmable shift light (that lights up and says, ironically, SVT in bright red logo letters)...on a couple of the front fender to front cowl connectors...on the &^%$ing hand-built engine plate that has two SVT builder's names engraved on it...on each valve cover with big, honkin' POWERED BY SVT on them...on my invoice....on the build sheet (where it also says SVT Premium Service-Car wash and free loaner car)...anything else you'd like to offer? Don't be so freakin high and mighty and resort to flaming and name calling. People who are correct in there information rarely need to exhibit those behaviors.

As for it being a Cobra....the prototype was called a Ford Shelby Cobra GT500. Once it went to production they dropped the "Cobra" from all materials, including the website, until a week ago. For whatever reason they have re-adopted the name. While they never called it a Cobra until last week, it did have Cobra logos all over it! Grill, both front fenders, steering wheel center, both front seatbacks, faux gas cap, owners manual cover. So, I guess it's a Cobra...again. Mine wasn't at the time it was built and delivered. (built 20 days into production on June 27th).

And I simply call it "The Shelby".

At 463.9 rwhp, stock, out of the box, You may call it "Mr. Shelby, Sir".

bj

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
FLYVNE04 said:
Center caps...on my owners manual cover...in my owner's manual...on the door sills in chrome...on my programmable shift light (that lights up and says, ironically, SVT in bright red logo letters)...on a couple of the front fender to front cowl connectors...on the &^%$ing hand-built engine plate that has two SVT builder's names engraved on it...on each valve cover with big, honkin' POWERED BY SVT on them...on my invoice....on the build sheet (where it also says SVT Premium Service-Car wash and free loaner car)...anything else you'd like to offer? Don't be so freakin high and mighty and resort to flaming and name calling. People who are correct in there information rarely need to exhibit those behaviors.

As for it being a Cobra....the prototype was called a Ford Shelby Cobra GT500. Once it went to production they dropped the "Cobra" from all materials, including the website, until a week ago. For whatever reason they have re-adopted the name. While they never called it a Cobra until last week, it did have Cobra logos all over it! Grill, both front fenders, steering wheel center, both front seatbacks, faux gas cap, owners manual cover. So, I guess it's a Cobra...again. Mine wasn't at the time it was built and delivered. (built 20 days into production on June 27th).

And I simply call it "The Shelby".

At 463.9 rwhp, stock, out of the box, You may call it "Mr. Shelby, Sir".

bj

Until it has 473 plus at least another 50+ (or more) at the tires to compensate for the added weight, I'll call it in my rear view mirror for now!!!:poke:

BYW - Whose being high and mighty, name calling and flaming????????????

Last edited:

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the custom programable SVT shift light with tone. :-D

That shift light is a cool touch. I set mine with the tone, It works great.

Users who are viewing this thread