What is it with BilletFlow idler pulleys!!! (Videos inside)

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'm a noob with photoshop. But It's the line directly left of the center bolt. I believe that is whats used for a guide to go by.

Got ya thanks, you know MS Paint works great too, and quicker for easy stuff like highlighting. Anyhow just put a larger alt. pulley on and want to verify the tensioner orientation vs. others. Probably going to UPR soon anyway.

Spoolx

Established Member
Gonna be tough finding a single bearing that will survive, but give me the numbers off the bearing and I will look... they are prolly only using a abec 3 nearing

lxhatch302

Established Member
i would go with metcos now after my experince with BF on a set of idlers i just purchased a lil over a month ago...

heres some pics of how i got them....im a machinist and worked for a company that had side jobs making VW serp. pulley setups...i never would send out a pulley looking like this and this is their "new" hard black anodizing(sp)

All the spots where they went and milled it out had burs on every single one and the anodizing was already chipping off....sent them a email about this and never heard a single word back.....

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

greengt88

Established Member
i guess i better check mine, havent unwrapped them yet, if they look like those, i will be sending them back. and Billetflow's IRS Brackets are one of my fav. mods because they haelped me out immensely with traction issues.

lxhatch302

Established Member
Only reason I didn't send them back is because it was the only thing left to do after my whipple swap and needed the car running

greengt88

Established Member
Mine don't look that rough, little bit but not like that, what part #, brand and size bearings I want to have replacements installed before I put them on the car....I will post the #'s of the ones installed by billetflow when I get home.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Belt Selection Guide

Read the paragraph at the top. Bob says to add a half of an inch for billetflow brackets and idlers.

I skipped over it when I looked this up and in turn busted an idler pulley.
I put the billetflow snub idler pulley on, went with a longer belt (a 74" belt)
2.76 upper stock lower and added the 100mm billetflow idler but I really needed to be running and 74.5" belt.
The idler pulley wasn't hard to replace but now knowing I broke the tensioner pulley trying to put the same size belt back on.< Very tough, I went back through and read on Bobs site about the length and it was like a slap in the face, duh I'm a retard. I should have taken my time and read the whole thing.

Make sure it is all taken care of before you end up in my situation out of stupidity carelessness and ignorance.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Well I have have a very low milage set of METCO dual bearing idelers for sale. Dont realy need them on a turbo car and that is the only reason I am selling them. Also have a RR spring assisted tensioner.

I also have a junk set of BF idlers in a box that I replaced with the METCOs. The Metcos are 100% better built in my opinion and as mentioned I own both. :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread