What is or will be your annual mileage on your GT500?

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
I am curious to know the annual mileage that you have or will be putting on your Shelby GT500. Do you have a limit in mind or does the mileage accumulated not matter to you? Obviously, each of us has purchased these vehicles for different reasons: racing, daily driver, weekend toy, etc... These reasons may dictate the miles driven. But I would like to know what each of you think about this topic. The reason I am asking is that I told my friend about my recent purchase of a 2013 Shelby GT500. He bought a 2001 Corvette when it was new and has only 6000 miles on it. That's approximately 500 miles per year. My Shelby GT500 has 500 miles after only 5 months. I bought it as a weekend toy and love to drive it because it is fun!!! I intend to keep the car and eventually pass it on to my son. I am not concerned about future resale value and want to enjoy it as long as I can. Mileage accumulation.....I don't really care about it, but am I not considering something?

Your thoughts and comments, please!!!

Cam

n/a
Established Member
Around 3,000 miles per year. The good weather is in short supply up here, at least 3 more weeks before I can get her back on the road.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm just hoping my 2014 will get more miles on it than my 2013 did... 137 haha

Mxfrench

Established Member
Mine is a non Garage queen. She is a daily driver 17k.Its like dating a beautiful woman and not sleeping with her. I drive my cars and my women.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
I am planning on driving an annual mileage of about 1,000 miles per year. If I am over it is no big deal. This a toy that I tinker on and drive when the weather is nice. I have had my car going on 7 months and only have 650 miles on it. Partly because the weather has not been all that great. When I bought my 03 Cobra, I bought it with 3,400 miles on and it was 1.5 years old. When I traded it in it on the 13 it had just over 21,000 miles. That low mileage helpd with my trade in. I will enjoy this car and when and if I get rid of her the mileage will be what it is.

Last edited:

mikejaeggi

Established Member
I am curious to know the annual mileage that you have or will be putting on your Shelby GT500. Do you have a limit in mind or does the mileage accumulated not matter to you? Obviously, each of us has purchased these vehicles for different reasons: racing, daily driver, weekend toy, etc... These reasons may dictate the miles driven. But I would like to know what each of you think about this topic. The reason I am asking is that I told my friend about my recent purchase of a 2013 Shelby GT500. He bought a 2001 Corvette when it was new and has only 6000 miles on it. That's approximately 500 miles per year. My Shelby GT500 has 500 miles after only 5 months. I bought it as a weekend toy and love to drive it because it is fun!!! I intend to keep the car and eventually pass it on to my son. I am not concerned about future resale value and want to enjoy it as long as I can. Mileage accumulation.....I don't really care about it, but am I not considering something?

Your thoughts and comments, please!!!
I am right there with you, picked mine up in Dec and just hit the 400 mile mark. strictly a weekend fun toy for me with future plans to give it to my son when i'm too old to handle it. I plan to drive it more now that the weather is warming up in ATL.

USV8PWR

Established Member
First year between 5 to 6 K miles. After that probably 3 to 4K per year. I live in the South so we have lots of nice days.

I'm not a big mileage watcher, and this is a 4th car, but I learned something regarding mileage with my Vette. If you drive the car daily and put 10K to 12K on it a year you will be eating a set of tires each year, and probably brakes every other year. In addition to all of the other maintance that comes with owning a nice sports car. However, if you drive only 5K miles a year you might get 3 years out of a set of tires and the brakes will last 5 years or so. Just food for thought.

This strictly a general rule, but the more power/performance a car has the more wear and tear and money it will cost you to drive it daily. From the white striped seats to the steering wheel, to other little things, this 13 Shelby would not hold up as well from daily driving near as well as my 2008 Mustang GT has.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
Right now I am sitting on 6000 miles after 10 months. Probably will accumulate around 7000-8000 a year. While it is primarily a weekend toy I do drive it every chance I get, especially since I finally put the MPSS on.

NvrEnfHP

Established Member
couldn't agree more! my last car was a garage Queen and in the end, I traded it in for the 13gt500. It was 4 years old with only 8000 miles on it. I told myslef I won't do that again.

old car at 750$ a month and only 8000 miles was a waste of money. I'm going to try to enjoy the gt500 every chance I get at 930$ a month!!

Mine is a non Garage queen. She is a daily driver 17k.Its like dating a beautiful woman and not sleeping with her. I drive my cars and my women.

ebucky

Established Member
My intent was to pile up more miles on my Harley than my Shelby, with the estimated annual miles split 10k bike/7k car. But since getting the car just before New Years, I've already piled up 4k miles on the car and see another 10k rolling up on the odometer before the year is done. And to be quite honest, I'm loving every mile.

Dave G

Established Member
Probably around 10-12k a year. My DD. It's so satisfying to drive her every day. The most awesome car I have ever owned...I can't imagine keeping her in the garage and not driving her.

mullens

Established Member
Delivered Oct 2 just turned 4500 Miles. So that would be approx 9k a year. I'm sure 2k of those Miles have been driving back and forth to the Shelby plant! This weather out here allows 12 month use. It's my dd but I also have a motorcycle.

Last edited:

Shhhh

Established Member
Sitting at 977 miles now and picked her up June 12th. It would have a lot more then that if I had more time to drive it. Im not worried about keeping the miles low. I bought it to drive it.

Marc

Established Member
I got mine in October, so owned it about 6 months and have 1700 miles on it. I figured 3-4 months it will spend in the garage over winter...I have plenty other daily drivers.

I am thinking 4000-5000 miles annually.

Users who are viewing this thread