hb712

Established Member
I'm still building on mine.

Just a basic Coleman (IIRC) hiking pack with rigid supports:
Food for a few days
Dog food for a few days
Water
1 set of extra clothing each
first aid kit (with a first aid certification and cpr cert)
Various fire starting tools
Hygiene items (i.e., shampoo, soap, peroxide)
2d cell Maglite
1911 with extra mags
Machete

There may be more than that, I don't remember right now.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Oh, EVILLsnake, thanks for posting up your list. That will be a useful guide for me when I ended up going shopping for the supplies I need. I also agree with the AK-47, great weapon that you can rely on even when things get dirty.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Oh, man. You're so tacticool. Any chance you've ever worked mall security?

Ever learn how to read?

same here i have all that stuff in the car or at home somewhere, guess i need to get a bag prepared and throw it in out storage. told my wife and she was like "yeah thats a good idea" nothing extreme but an emergency pack.

I currently don't have anything really put together yet, but I want to get one setup in the near future...of course my wife thinks I'm a loon for wanting to do so. But, then again, I was raised by a Vietnam Vet Marine.

Hopefully this thread will get at least one person to think about saving up some supply's. You don't want to be in a position to not be able to provide basic necessities for your family.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Ever learn how to read?

Hopefully this thread will get at least one person to think about saving up some supply's. You don't want to be in a position to not be able to provide basic necessities for your family.

ya my wife was all for it, nothign crazy but some stuff ya know? probably hit Academy later, i needed some stuff anyways and since we are in "inclimate weather" (for san antonio lol) i guess i should go by and get some stuff. ammo is numero uno

oldmodman

Established Member
What level of damage?

Here in Los Angeles everyone is most worried about "the big one" That ginormous earthquake that probably won't happen in my lifetime.

But if it does I am as prepared as possible. I have the automatic gas shutoff if it goes over richter 6.8 I have bolted my home to it's foundation.

Plus to survive the aftermath I have plenty of water and Pepsi, a 5K generator, 250 pounds of propane, plenty of gasoline stored in 5 gallon jugs. Enough canned and dried food for about two months.

And enough firepower to make sure it stays mine.

But in the event of an Islamic/Zombie/Alien Machine/Mutant attack I have a plan for that also.

Grab my ten best friends, load three cargo trailers with all of our combined stuff, and head on over to Marina del Rey. I know exactly which deep water, oceangoing sailboat (over 125 feet) that we will steal. Then it's off to lands undetermined.

The only thing I will worry about then, will be the Government controlled giant, human intelligence, crossbreed shark-crocodile-python-poodles that will be filling the ocean from continent to continent, feeding on oil tankers. And any blond women with breasts larger than 36C.

Black Sex

Established Member
I would stay at my house as long as possible. I don't have a bag made up at this time. But I do have a few things stashed away and somethings I would grab on the way out if I had to bounce.
Glock 19 - 250 rds
Saiga 7.62 - 500 rds (not an AK but just as good)
Savage .22 rifle
BB gun (small game hunting)
4-2lb boxes of white rice
I would grab all the boxed and canned food in the house
about 10 BIC lighters in a ziplock bag
lg first aid kit
Knifes
bow saw
hatchet
lg and small tarp (green)
flint strike rod
rope
Clothes
tent & sleeping bags
metal pot
bottles/canteen
bleech and/or rubbing alcohol
flashlights and batteries
A couple extra gallons of gas

OP I like your thinking. I watch all those defense shows on Outdoor Channel too and they give you some really good ideas. They even have some on Spike TV on the weekends in the morning.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I would stay at my house as long as possible. I don't have a bag made up at this time. But I do have a few things stashed away and somethings I would grab on the way out if I had to bounce.
Glock 19 - 250 rds
Saiga 7.62 - 500 rds (not an AK but just as good)
Savage .22 rifle
BB gun (small game hunting)
4-2lb boxes of white rice
I would grab all the boxed and canned food in the house
about 10 BIC lighters in a ziplock bag
lg first aid kit
Knifes
bow saw
hatchet
lg and small tarp (green)
flint strike rod
rope
Clothes
tent/sleeping bags
metal pot
bottles/canteen
bleech and/or rubbing alcohol

OP I like your thinking. I watch all those defense shows on Outdoor Channel too. They even have some on Spike TV on the weekends in the morning.

I have been big into survival planning for about a year. I do watch those shows on Outdoor and sportsman channel. I like Tactical Impact the best. Larry Vickers is the man.

Black Sex

Established Member
The only thing that sucks is planning for the season. I suppose another good thing would be hammer and nails incase you needed to construct somesort of temporary shelter.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What level of damage?

Here in Los Angeles everyone is most worried about "the big one" That ginormous earthquake that probably won't happen in my lifetime.

But if it does I am as prepared as possible. I have the automatic gas shutoff if it goes over richter 6.8 I have bolted my home to it's foundation.

Plus to survive the aftermath I have plenty of water and Pepsi, a 5K generator, 250 pounds of propane, plenty of gasoline stored in 5 gallon jugs. Enough canned and dried food for about two months.

But in the event of an Islamic/Zombie/Alien Machine/Mutant attack I have a plan for that also.

Grab my ten best friends, load three cargo trailers with all of our combined stuff, and head on over to Marina del Rey. I know exactly which deep water, oceangoing sailboat (over 125 feet) that we will steal. Then it's off to lands undetermined.

The only thing I will worry about then, will be the Government controlled giant, human intelligence, crossbreed shark-crocodile-python-poodles that will be filling the ocean from continent to continent, feeding on oil tankers. And any blond women with breasts larger than 36C.

BEST POST!
I don't like the bug out idea at all.
Mobility brings added vulnerability to a vast list of probable threats.
My survival stuff is here, unless Houston gets nuked and the radiation is a problem. I would stay put.
A couple dead attackers in the front and back yard left there as a warning should work for a good while.
If I need to leave I can put it together in 30 minutes.
I don't have time to list all the assets, and no one needs to know anyway. It's actually safer if they don't.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
BEST POST!
My survival stuff is here, unless Houston gets nuked and the radiation is a problem. I would stay put.
A couple dead attackers in the front and back yard left there as a warning should work for a good while.
I don't have time to list all the assets, and no one needs to know anyway. It's actually safer if they don't.

I agree with you Jim, I would not leave my home unless I absolutely had to. I have far more supplies here. It all depends on the scenario. If for instance there was a mandatory evacuation you would have to leave.

I know what it is like to be mandatory evacuated. I was in the flood of 93. It destroyed my entire town.

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
I have been big into survival planning for about a year. I do watch those shows on Outdoor and sportsman channel. I like Tactical Impact the best. Larry Vickers is the man.

I have a weekend coming up with LAV. It should be good times all around.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Got shoes and socks? Nobody thinks about shoes and socks. How long will a single pair of shoes last over miles of broken glass? How far will you get on bare feet through all the broken glass in the cities before you hit the open country? Get to the country, and you're still going to need good boots and socks. Step on one fire-ant mound in bare feet and see how far you get.

Forget guns and ammo, forget food and water. If you can't walk and run, you won't get far. If one member of your group has injured feet, the entire group will be held up, unless you leave them behind.

Shoes and socks.

Jim Snover

How many of you guys have a Bug Out Bag prepped and ready? What is in it?
Everyone should have a survival plan in place. Stock food and water in your home. Just build up supplies over time.

I have a personal bag ready as well as one for my family and animals.

Personal Bag: Woodland Camo- GI Patrol Pack

Contents:

Delta Fox Trot Fixed Blade
Swiss Army Knife
MOLLE shotgun Shell holder full of buckshot
100 Feet OD Green Para cord
Space Blanket
Woodland Camo Bandanna
Powerbars
Waterproof strike anywhere matches in OD green waterproof case
Magnesium Flint Striker
Whistle
Signaling Mirror
Small Folding Saw
Basic First Aid Kit
Muti-Tool
Flashlight
Canteen
Small Field Glasses

I would be taking my Model 12 Winchester (Police)

Main Pack -- Woodland Camo- Large Duffel-

Contents:

Large First Aid kit
Survival Knife
DE Muti-Knife
LED lite
Muti-tool
22. cal Ammo
Browning 22. cal Pistol
Space Blankets
Boca Bag
MRE's
snacks
Gloves
Emergency Stove with Fuel Tablets
Large Flashlight
Extra Bucksot
Large Box of 7.62x39 ammo
Extra Lighters
Extra Batteries
Dog food cat food
Sanitary wipes
Personal Hygiene stuff
Duck and Electrical tape
emergency candles and lantern
Extra Clothes

Main Weapon for defense -- AK47-- 4, 30 Round Mags

I have a room at home dedicated to food and water storage. I have stocked up on ammo as well. Also you must consider what weapons and tools you will need for your best defense. Everyone is different.

Stay Safe

J.W.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Got a natural gas fed 16kwh whole house generator, and enough food, water, medical supplies, and other gear to last 6 weeks and to defend the home against most assaults. Wouldn't be able to hold off attacks by a Cobra gunship or Abrams. Cars always kept at least 3/4 tank full of gas and several 5-gal Jerrycans of fuel stored in case I need to bug out. The generator can also be run off of propane with a 10-minute changeover. Yup, got the American flag and copies of the Constitution. Also,

435-026_large.jpg

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Proving once again that Oldmodman and Jimmy are the smartest two guys on the board. When the balloon goes up, I'm looking to join up with them.

With lots of shoes and socks.

Jim Snover

What level of damage?

BEST POST!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Got shoes and socks? Nobody thinks about shoes and socks. How long will a single pair of shoes last over miles of broken glass? How far will you get on bare feet through all the broken glass in the cities before you hit the open country? Get to the country, and you're still going to need good boots and socks. Step on one fire-ant mound in bare feet and see how far you get.

Forget guns and ammo, forget food and water. If you can't walk and run, you won't get far. If one member of your group has injured feet, the entire group will be held up, unless you leave them behind.

Shoes and socks.

Jim Snover

Yes, I have extra socks packed. I have an extra pair of shoes in my car always.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Proving once again that Oldmodman and Jimmy are the smartest two guys on the board. When the balloon goes up, I'm looking to join up with them.

With lots of shoes and socks.

Jim Snover

Except the OP specifically asked about "bug out". There are times when you hunker down, and times when you get the hell out of Dodge ("bug out"). The needs differ somewhat between the two.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I have a fairly extensive B.O.B./FAK, food, water, guns/ammo, yadda yadda. Too much in it to begin going into detail.

Users who are viewing this thread