What is your input on Plasti Dip?

smokincobra04

Established Member
Thinking about using Plasti Dip on my 5.0 emblems along with the faux gas cap on my 2011. Any suggestions? I wouldn't typically do this kinda stuff but since my cars all black I wanna powdercoat the brembos lime green and couldn't powdercoat the plastic emblems so yea. Any suggestions or input? Thanks

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
My input is that as long you do plasti dip on emblem and cosmetics stuff I guess is not bad. Now, your wheels do not deserve plastidip, they look cheap as hell using that method. So wheels = powdercoat or bust

FIVEHOE

Established Member
IMO, plasti dip on the faux gas cap just looks terribad. Why not just buy black emblems? I think the gloss black 5.0 emblems with the red dot look much better than plasti dipped ones.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
personally? i dont like seeing it on nice vehicles. none of by business though.

i have used it on my 00 subrban. all the chrome was in rough shape. i wiped it with rubbing alcohol and sprayed it with plastidip. works and sticks to anything awesome. its tough too.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I would try to find black emblems personally. I like the idea of using Plasti-Dip on the wheels and front surfaces for road trips & track days, but I've seen it used and it looked awesome, and I've seen some truly awful examples too.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
personally? i dont like seeing it on nice vehicles.

Its a mustang, not a Ferrari:shrug:

OP, I had my 5.0 emblems and faux gas cap dipped for over a year(gas cap for nearly 15 months and it is just fine and still looks great. Its cheap, easy, and looks great, go for it.

smokincobra04

Established Member
Thanks for everyone's input like I said I don't normally do this kinda stuff to a mustang but my plan is lime green brembos and rear brakes so I wanted to add a little bit more accent. So thought it would be perfect to use the green blaze they have avail along with clear.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Thinking about using Plasti Dip on my 5.0 emblems along with the faux gas cap on my 2011. Any suggestions? I wouldn't typically do this kinda stuff but since my cars all black I wanna powdercoat the brembos lime green and couldn't powdercoat the plastic emblems so yea. Any suggestions or input? Thanks

When I was at rev auto a couple days ago some guy pulled up in his all black 2011 GT. It was murdered aside from his lime green plastidipped brakes, 5.0 emblems and Paxton supercharger. Yes his supercharger lol It looked real nice though

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Its good in moderation.

I have done my faux cap, just the ring. I did do my wheels as well as a temporary fix until I get my new ones. No one ever knows my wheels are plastidip unless I tell them. He'll half the time they don't even know wth it is :shrug:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
This was my take on it.

mms_picture.jpg

niterydr

Established Member
I have the chrome ring around the faux gas cap dipped. I personally love the look of it.

Users who are viewing this thread