What kind of reactions do you get from Family, Friends, Co-workers about your CAR?

Blakers01GT

Established Member
My Family stays away from it with a fear of doing something to it to make me become evil to them. My brother won't even drive it when I tell him to. "Dude no, i don't wanna mess something up" My mom always asks the question "Why do you insist on blowing your money to make it faster when you can't go past the speed lmit!?" :lol: My group of friends are a bunch of ball busters, so when I say Yeah I just got my new shifter on and DR's thrown on today, I get a response like "Oh yeah I just got mine installed on my Lincoln LS and big ass slicks, nobody messes with me now" So they all mock me but still love the car when its all said and done.

At Work all I hear is "Hey let me drive your car" "Let me see those keys" "Hey couldy you beat this? or this? or this?" "My buddy has a WRX, Camaro, Vette, blah blah who wants to race you" When I take them for a ride @ WOT through 3rd gear, all I get is silence and :eek: :uh oh:

What kind of stuff do you guys here?

shocker 420

Established Member
Blakers01GT said:
My mom always asks the question "Why do you insist on blowing your money to make it faster when you can't go past the speed lmit!?" :lol:

lol... I know what you mean when parents say this... I get it a lot, too!!!

They say it's fast, and why do you want it any faster, oh and I heard this from my dad, when i told him about the whipple "why would you want something that made your car something you couldn't drive everyday? If you get it, you better know your car is going to become a weekend car."

But I have a friend that loves my car, and tells me to get the procharger, and don't even think about getting anything else.

lachj1

Established Member
I went to a party tonight and gave a few hell rides.. Everybody is just amazed at how these cars go. It seems that whenever I go to a party, the cars steals the spotlight and is the center of attraction for a while.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never had any ask if they could drive it. I think they could all tell by my body language that it was off limits. LOL! Friends never stopped complimenting my ride. Passers-by would usually drop their jaw when I popped the hood. On the outside it looked pretty tame. ;-)

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i always hear "i used to know someone who had a (whatever kind of car) that would have outrun this. every body has an uncle or some other family member/friend ect,ect,ect. i get tired of this sh#t but the truth is most people that know are very impressed with these cars

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Blakers01GT said:
,When I take them for a ride @ WOT through 3rd gear, all I get is silence and :eek: :uh oh:
thats funny i took my buddies 11yr old son for a ride yesterday and he said holy crap the front end comes off the ground! well i dont think so but i was happy that somebody else liked my car as much as i do

Blakers01GT

Established Member
jonj said:
I hear the exact same thing.

A couple of my friends said the exact same thing as well but "Why Orange?" ALSO at gas stations sometimes I'll get "Damn, is that a custom paint job?" or "Whoah is that the new one?" :bash: AND "those new ones are pretty sweet though huh?" :cuss: I wanna say back "No, if I thought the new ones were sweeter I would be driving one" :shrug:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Most reactions to the DSG 'vert are complimentary. Both of my daughters are awestruck that their 'ole man' would drive something like the Cobra. Even the bow-tie diehards at work don't razz me knowing I'll put their 'vettes and crameros in my back pocket. Most people don't know the power of these kinds of cars, but that's okay, that's why we have support groups like this.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
thats funny i took my buddies 11yr old son for a ride yesterday and he said holy crap the front end comes off the ground! well i dont think so but i was happy that somebody else liked my car as much as i do

:lol: yeah all of my little cousins love my car, I've already let my 20 year old cousin take it for a spin and he was speechless. At a family b-day party the other week I caught my 16 year old cousin sitting in my drivers seat with the door closed :lol1:

Chameleon

Established Member
My family really like my Terminator. I have taken all of them for a ride and they all enjoyed it, well maybe except for my sister, I think I took a few years off her life, lol.

My neighbors don't particularily understand it but then they mostly drive either Soccer Mom SUVs or a Mercedes Benz. Must be something in the water around here, either a Surburban or an MB must be parked in your garage or you don't fit in. So I choose not to fit in!

One neighbor, a cool car guy, was really skeptical about the car. Thought it was nothing more than a Mustang with fancy paint. I didn't show him the motor until after an energetic drive. Once we stopped he immediately wanted me to pop the hood. He couldn't believe the car was factory built!

wizdawg

aka... Brian
Established Member
I have mine as a 2nd car, weekend car. I always get, "Why don't you ever drive your new car" and "You don't need 2 cars"

My friends that are into cars, love it. But even from them, I still get "GO GET THE COBRA!!!" I guess I should drive it more. :)

2K4 SVT

Established Member
probably wished you had waited right? WRONG!

My favorite one that people seem to throw my way as of late is.... "I'll bet you wished you had waited a year for the new '05." NOPE! I bought this baby knowing full well what was coming around the corner. The '03/'04 is my favorite mustang body style and I had to have one before the were all gone. I also get a lot of the "my uncle has a 350 or my friend has a this or that." Fact is just like the previous poster said, as soon as they take a ride they just sit there looking like this :-D or this :eek: I LOVE this ride!

slvRsrpnt

on my 5th 'stang
Established Member
2K4 SVT said:
"I'll bet you wished you had waited a year for the new '05." NOPE! I bought this baby knowing full well what was coming around the corner.

i get that alot as well. and no one understands why i dump money into it.
(i haven't really...yet...)

Users who are viewing this thread