What makes a man?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
A man is someone who takes care of himself and doesn't rely on government to take care of him. That's a pussy sack of shit liberal.

I think the definition has crystalized.

Thread can be closed....

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Lmao, I see what your trying to say but...what an... People today, myself included, are soft...wtf could you offer to a working ranch. talking about background checks and SS numbers just proves my point...in fact I think you got me, no way you believe this crap.

What part of it (the hiring process in 2016 vs 1816) don't you understand?

FWIW, I grew up in the central valley surrounded by Ag/FFA more than anything else. I went to a small podunk country school with a graduating class of 45. Trust me, if I wanted to work on a ranch, the opportunity was more than abundant.

Hell, someone taking todays farming ideals and applying it to a farm in 1816 could probably make himself quite the name by the 1830s.

Regulars520

Established Member
What part of it (the hiring process in 2016 vs 1816) don't you understand?

FWIW, I grew up in the central valley surrounded by Ag/FFA more than anything else. I went to a small podunk country school with a graduating class of 45. Trust me, if I wanted to work on a ranch, the opportunity was more than abundant.

Hell, someone taking todays farming ideals and applying it to a farm in 1816 could probably make himself quite the name by the 1830s.

*yawn* We get it, to be a man we have to be you. Almost all of your posts about this are "I I I I I I I I" and what you can do. Kinda boring when nobody on here knows you or anything real about you so how can you refer to anything YOU can and cant do as a reference of what it takes to be a man?

oldmodman

Established Member
A man is able to cry when his dog dies.

And doesn't cry when he blows up his racecar, because that he can fix by himself.

BladeX10

Established Member
I watched a "man" sit on the side of a freeway for over an hour and a half over a flat tire. He had to wait for a man to come and change it for him.

A man should always have a set of skills, At the very LEAST, be able to change a ****ing flat tire. Alot of men these days are useless. Its that "i'm too good to do that" mentality that has taken over with this generation. You cant be a man, Especially with a family if youre going to end up being stranded for over an hour over a flat tire with a wife and kids in the car when its literally a 5 minute task to swap a damn flat tire.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I watched a "man" sit on the side of a freeway for over an hour and a half over a flat tire. He had to wait for a man to come and change it for him.

A man should always have a set of skills, At the very LEAST, be able to change a ****ing flat tire. Alot of men these days are useless. Its that "i'm too good to do that" mentality that has taken over with this generation. You cant be a man, Especially with a family if youre going to end up being stranded for over an hour over a flat tire with a wife and kids in the car when its literally a 5 minute task to swap a damn flat tire.

Today men are supposed to know skinny jean makers and latte flavors instead of car maintenance and other life skills.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
*yawn* We get it, to be a man we have to be you. Almost all of your posts about this are "I I I I I I I I" and what you can do. Kinda boring when nobody on here knows you or anything real about you so how can you refer to anything YOU can and cant do as a reference of what it takes to be a man?

Considering it was a question directed to me, who else would I refer to? When someone says to me directly "wtf could you offer to a working ranch" well, of course its going to be a response regarding me.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Better than " a dsm is the greatest car evarrrrrr" posts

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Is it the woman in his arms?! Just cause she has big titties???!
Or is it the way...HE FIGHTS EVERY DAYUUUHH......No it's probably the titties!

But seriously, what do you guys think defines being a man? I've been extra annoyed lately by all these lumberjack wannabes who try to tell me they are more manly simply because they have a beard. And women seem to love that stupid shit...even if the ****** can't even do his own laundry. There are A LOT of hipsters in Salt Lake City. Most of them still live with their parents. But somehow, the beard makes them men. LMAO.

On the opposite side of the spectrum I've also met fellow military guys who say things like "I became a man the day I went to war." No. Wrong. While I respect the shit out of combat forces, I don't care if you can single-handedly kill 100 Taliban by yourself. That skill is nullified if you can't cook your own dinner or change a tire.

I can't grow a beard because my occupation doesn't allow it. Even if I could, I prefer a nice 3-4 day scruff over a full beard, and so does my wife. Beards aside, I think that your ability to handle yourself and take care of yourself is what defines being a man. My first roommate back at Moody AFB had been on a deployment to Afghanistan, working high-stress, high tempo, 7-day work-weeks, repairing HH-60G Pavehawks that were literally saving lives all day long, and when he got back from that deployment, moved in with me and had to have me teach him to work a dish washer and cook Spaghetti-Os on the stove. I shit you not. He couldn't heat Spaghetti-Os. He can troubleshoot and repair archaic analog guidance systems on an HH-60 but can't figure out basic kitchen appliances. A real man is not one dimensional. I can fix a Helicopter, fixed-wing, car, and both use and repair household appliances. I can cook my own meals, do my own laundry, take care of my own health, etc.

Basically, my opinion is this:

If all your friends/family died and you had to completely take care of yourself with no help, could you? If your answer is yes, you're a man. Notice there is nothing about ****ing beards in there.

This is one of the dumbest articles I've ever read. It's about the previously mentioned "lumberjack" trend:

http://www.romancegoals.com/6-reasons-why-women-love-the-lumberjack-look-duh-on-4/2/

Read the comments by Ronald S Porter at the bottom. I couldn't have shredded this article better myself.

For the record, I'm not bashing beards, trends, or anything else. I'm bashing the perception that these things alone make one an adult male.

What do you guys think? Any "lumberjacks" on SVTP?

Testicles.... Im going with Testicles....

+1

He's so amazing, so on the cutting edge of everything that you'd have to be a fool to think that anything challenges him in life. lol

You have to pity, proud & arrogant people like him that think they are God's greatest invention and contribution to the human race. Guys like him really do believe they are self taught and made themselves. They delivered themselves out of their mother's womb and were actually teaching teachers from pre-school to post-graduate school. They learned nothing from anyone. They just got a supernatural download how life works and how to be independently successful in EVERY AREA OF LIFE.

Guy would probably struggle to pour piss out of a boot if you transported him to earlier centuries without any convenient knowledge from the 20th-21st century. But I'm just stating the obvious here.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
+1

He's so amazing, so on the cutting edge of everything that you'd have to be a fool to think that anything challenges him in life. lol

You have to pity, proud & arrogant people like him that think they are God's greatest invention and contribution to the human race. Guys like him really do believe they are self taught and made themselves. They delivered themselves out of their mother's womb and were actually teaching teachers from pre-school to post-graduate school. They learned nothing from anyone. They just got a supernatural download how life works and how to be independently successful in EVERY AREA OF LIFE.

Guy would probably struggle to pour piss out of a boot if you transported him to earlier centuries without any convenient knowledge from the 20th-21st century. But I'm just stating the obvious here.

lolz please.

you would sit and cry to God for help.

Regulars520

Established Member
Considering it was a question directed to me, who else would I refer to? When someone says to me directly "wtf could you offer to a working ranch" well, of course its going to be a response regarding me.
Actually you jumped into this thread and started out with the I I I I I's. See below

but I could go back in time and have no issues working any of the equipment they used on a day to day, sure a slight learning curve but nothing compared to someone 200 years ago learning technology. Does that make any of them less a man, or me more one? Nope, like I said, if they handled their shit and took care of business when necessary and let bigones be bigones, and did it all with poise and honor, then thats what does it.

I can learn to become a ranch hand quicker than someone from those times can learn to do what I do. If you took someone from 200 years ago, and told them "OK, its 2016, you are going to go out and get a job, then you are going to find yourself a place to live, then you need to find transportation to and from these places, and then you go get yourself some food to eat at the supermarket with the money you made, and every month you pay rent and you have utilities to pay to survive.....and GO" their head would explode, where the **** do you start? You dont know how to work a computer to even make a resume to get a job, McDonalds aint gonna hire you without SSN, so now you gotta go get yourself that, but you dont know how or where to go, aint got no money, you'd be homeless in hours.

If I go back 200 years, wouldnt have much issue trying to find work. Ill walk to some farms or such (since everyone walked everywhere those days) and get me some work, they had no background check process nor did they need SSNs for payroll reporting, and you just had to prove you were an able bodied person to work. Most of these places housed their own ranch hands, so there's my roof over my head. Food is on the farm or I could go to the salon.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
People are so upset about Thomas being so opinionated. That's why I like him.

I approve of it and support it.

As a matter of fact that's what I would do, and I think more people should stand up for what they believe in instead of just attacking people for being self absorbed while pretending they aren't self absorbed themselves.

I I I I I I I I

I'm a badass.

Regulars520

Established Member
People are so upset about Thomas being so opinionated. That's why I like him.

I approve of it and support it.

As a matter of fact that's what I would do, and I think more people should stand up for what they believe in instead of just attacking people for being self absorbed while pretending they aren't self absorbed themselves.

I I I I I I I I

I'm a badass.

Whos the woman and who plays the man in yours and Thomas relationship? Just curious, Oh and do you guys allow planter to play too? I guess if you throw an "it" in there it might even things out for you guys?

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Whos the woman and who plays the man in yours and Thomas relationship? Just curious, Oh and do you guys allow planter to play too? I guess if you throw an "it" in there it might even things out for you guys?

Thomas is just one of those guys no one likes. We have a few of those on this board. Solar yellow is another one. Couple of others I can't think of right now.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member

Well there's different levels to these bezels. Life's all about balance. So it all depends on the time of day, and what problems life throws at us. In Planter's case sometimes the job calls for an "It".

Veni, Vidi, Vici Baby.

Regulars520

Established Member
Well there's different levels to these bezels. Life's all about balance. So it all depends on the time of day, and what problems life throws at us. In Planter's case sometimes the job calls for an "It".

Veni, Vidi, Vici Baby.

Now this is the responses I like, no butthurt, takes the comments and twists them and livens up the thread. Hat off to you and bravo for displaying no butthurt!!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread