what mods do you regret?

black-plasma

Established Member
That sucks to hear. Knock on wood mine's been a beast. Held up to a ton of abuse this year and still drives like it's brand new. Just a few weeks ago we hit a local track and I made 13 passes that night of which about 10 of them where back to back just looping around later that night. Clutch never missed a beat.

Nick said he went thru a couple before he switched, it's really launching the car hard on the line that kills them. He launches at 6k and I launch at 4k (3800lbs). Mine literally popped on the line at BG and would just slip after that at high rpm. I had no issues before that, as previous track outing I made 9 passes and won my 6.50 index class at local 1/8 track. I have heard they have since beefed up some stuff on the RXT, but they didn't mention that to me on the phone and I couldn't wait for them to fix it and send it back. I'm in MO also and we have a rental in Springfield on the 26th that I didn't want to miss. A bunch of us from St. Louis are making the drive. I'll keep the RXT for backup if I don't like the RAM.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Nick said he went thru a couple before he switched, it's really launching the car hard on the line that kills them. He launches at 6k and I launch at 4k (3800lbs). Mine literally popped on the line at BG and would just slip after that at high rpm. I had no issues before that, as previous track outing I made 9 passes and won my 6.50 index class at local 1/8 track. I have heard they have since beefed up some stuff on the RXT, but they didn't mention that to me on the phone and I couldn't wait for them to fix it and send it back. I'm in MO also and we have a rental in Springfield on the 26th that I didn't want to miss. A bunch of us from St. Louis are making the drive. I'll keep the RXT for backup if I don't like the RAM.

I have had my RXT in almost 2 years. Probably have 4000+ street miles on it and well over 100 passes in the 9s and 1.3x 60' times. The black bath tub is ~3700 with me.
Fortunately I have had very good luck with mine.

Maybe driver error??:idea: :): :fart:

black-plasma

Established Member
I have had my RXT in almost 2 years. Probably have 4000+ street miles on it and well over 100 passes in the 9s and 1.3x 60' times. The black bath tub is ~3700 with me.
Fortunately I have had very good luck with mine.

Maybe driver error??:idea: :): :fart:

I'm sure McLeod will say driver error even though it happened on the starting line, lol. Too much torque from the 2.9L Whipple.... I guess I need a smaller blower. Kidding.

blk02edge

Established Member
I have a CF jlt ram air on my car (love it) and now my biggest regret is buying the MM strut tower brace becuase it doesnt come close to fitting..

MalcolmV8

Established Member
The black bath tub is ~3700 with me.

How is your vert so light? What have you done? My coupe is 3660 without me and an empty tank of gas. Literally on the last couple gallons or less and barely made it to the gas station from the scales. 3820 with me in it and no gas. Full tank of gas I'm over 3900 with me.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
How is your vert so light? What have you done? My coupe is 3660 without me and an empty tank of gas. Literally on the last couple gallons or less and barely made it to the gas station from the scales. 3820 with me in it and no gas. Full tank of gas I'm over 3900 with me.

Just the basic weight reduction stuff:
One seat, slicks, skinnies, UPR K, one amp, no rear speakers, no rear seat, no interior trunk panels, I am 185ish.
I think that is it.

cj428mach

Established Member
I really don't hope I end up in here posting about my clutch. I don't like all the noise issues I hear about the RXT. It really has me leaning toward the Centerforce Dyad.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I really don't hope I end up in here posting about my clutch. I don't like all the noise issues I hear about the RXT. It really has me leaning toward the Centerforce Dyad.

I really think the noise issues are bad installs or perhaps some bad units? Come drive my car before the weather goes south and you'll see. Clutch has no noise unless you lug it at 20 mph in 4th gear. I was paying attention to the RPMs and such the other night after our chatting about it and I let it drop to around 700 ~ 800 RPMs in 2nd and "lug" along and not a peep out of the clutch. In fact I can't find a way to make a noise in 1st or 2nd at all. 3rd I never did try, but 4th will if you lug it. Honestly until I read about the noise online from lugging it I wouldn't have even known it was possible since I never lug the car. I had to go out and do it on purpose after reading about it to hear it.

ib_604

Established Member
I really think the noise issues are bad installs or perhaps some bad units? Come drive my car before the weather goes south and you'll see. Clutch has no noise unless you lug it at 20 mph in 4th gear. I was paying attention to the RPMs and such the other night after our chatting about it and I let it drop to around 700 ~ 800 RPMs in 2nd and "lug" along and not a peep out of the clutch. In fact I can't find a way to make a noise in 1st or 2nd at all. 3rd I never did try, but 4th will if you lug it. Honestly until I read about the noise online from lugging it I wouldn't have even known it was possible since I never lug the car. I had to go out and do it on purpose after reading about it to hear it.

Same with my RST that I had installed this summer...drives waaaay better then my DFX ever did. No chatter or squeeling in first gear anymore. Just the 4th gear noise if you're going too slow.

greenflash00

Established Member
Definitely regret my UPR quick click extreme fwa. The threads stripped on it so you couldn't even turn the thing unless you had vicegrips. You could see little aluminum pig tails coming out from the shearing with every twist :lol: Have since put in a McLeod (fiore design) and all is well.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

+1 i just installed my second rxt and it does not make any noise. i used stock the quadrant and the stock pivot ball. drives just like stock with an even lighter pedal

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
This thread is awesome, read through the whole thing and it was very helpful for me. I'm a proud new owner of a 99 terminator swapped cobra, have alot to learn about these cars.

Only complaint in this car is the spec 3 clutch, my leg actually cramped up driving this car home, guess I need to stop skipping leg day at the gym. Clutch is stiffer than my saturday night drinks.

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
Easy, biggest regret is the ported blower. Should've followed the advice and just saved for the TS. People, skip school he port, go for the TS.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I regret dumping money into my IRS. Didnt know about FTBR kit at the time so I used MM poly stuff... car hopped like crazy. SRA went in this past year and couldnt be happier. Hooks or spins and thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread