What mods should I do next? HELP

MisterChrome

Established Member
Hey guys my 04 currently has 2.8 pulley, Steeda CAI, o/r x with a dyno tune. I am currently at 451/470 and would like to go over 500+. What should I do next?

I am considering a ported Posi but cant find one (btw, how could you distinguish a ported posi from a Steg and stock?) Also, what supporting mods would I need for this?

Also considering LT

I was going to upgrade CAI to a JLT but just not sure it is worth the 1-5hp more.

Anything else to consider? I do not want to go to crazy and spend too much bc I am also doing wheels and tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

cobracide

Established Member
Short answer, see sig. Fuel, mafia, port and a tune is what you need. Injectors will be close so datalog that. The typical long answers are on the way.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Long tubes will work wonders. You should hit your 500 hp mark with that and maybe a tune

MisterChrome

Established Member
Short answer, see sig. Fuel, mafia, port and a tune is what you need. Injectors will be close so datalog that. The typical long answers are on the way.

Are the Fuel and Mafia supporting mods for a ported blower or are they not necessary?

Long tubes will work wonders. You should hit your 500 hp mark with that and maybe a tune

I am highly considering LTs but would it really put me near the 500 mark?

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
Anything else to consider? I do not want to go to crazy and spend too much bc I am also doing wheels and tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

I'm in the same boat as you. I have similar BPU mods was considering doing an Accufab Throttle body with Plenum as my next upgrade before moving onto LTs or a Posi Ported blower for a couple reasons:
  1. Installing LT is much more time consuming and difficult versus a TB swap. Especially if you pay someone to install the LT, there is significant added expense
  2. Overall purchase cost (including cost w/ install)
I am considering a ported Posi but cant find one

Ed's Speed Shop in Downey (LA metro) has Posi Ported swaps available.

MisterChrome

Established Member
I'm in the same boat as you. I have similar BPU mods was considering doing an Accufab Throttle body with Plenum as my next upgrade before moving onto LTs or a Posi Ported blower for a couple reasons:
  1. Installing LT is much more time consuming and difficult versus a TB swap. Especially if you pay someone to install the LT, there is significant added expense

haha you have the convertible twin to my car and almost exact same mods but you have more power. I am at 451/470 with 2.76 pulley, sct dyno tune, steeda cai, o/r x, mac cb...? I've been wanting LTs for so long but have held back for the same reason and smog but I want to get to the 500 mark. I know the POSI would easily put me in that range

Last edited:

MisterChrome

Established Member

Tried calling Eds but looks like the line is disconnected Might look into the Accufab TB and Plenum. Does anyone have any experience with that mod?

Last edited:

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
haha you have the convertible twin to my car and almost exact same mods but you have more power. I am at 451/470 with 2.76 pulley, sct dyno tune, steeda cai, o/r x, mac cb...? I've been wanting LTs for so long but have held back for the same reason and smog but I want to get to the 500 mark. I know the POSI would easily put me in that range

If you are shooting for the 500 mark and if its between just picking one mod between the LT, TB or Ported Blower, definitely the ported blower will make you the most power for the mod.​

What part of CA are you in?​

Tried calling Eds but looks like the line is disconnected

I tried calling Ed @ Ed's Speed Shop using the number off the website and the line rang fine. Might want to try again. I think their hours are 8-5 M-F.

MisterChrome

Established Member

If you are shooting for the 500 mark and if its between just picking one mod between the LT, TB or Ported Blower, definitely the ported blower will make you the most power for the mod.​

What part of CA are you in?​

I tried calling Ed @ Ed's Speed Shop using the number off the website and the line rang fine. Might want to try again. I think their hours are 8-5 M-F.

I am in Northern CA, Bay Area.

Right now I am thinking of LT and TB. I got a hold of Eds but they only sell the Ported Blowers if you get them installed and tuned by them at an additional labor cost. Also, what is weird is he says he sends out the blowers to get ported by Posi but isn't Posi closed up?

matt87

Established Member
well unless you find a used POSI eaton your not getting your own ported by them. they way people drool over posi ports on this forum i woulda never know they were out of business.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I agree, it seems crazy Posi is out of business yet everyone raves and still wants his work? I'll have to ask Ed if he has any in stock currently or what the ported blower details are.

MisterChrome, my next mod(s) is going to include a bigger alternator pulley to see if I can save my alternator. Since we have similar mods you might want to look into it too :)

MisterChrome

Established Member
I agree, it seems crazy Posi is out of business yet everyone raves and still wants his work? I'll have to ask Ed if he has any in stock currently or what the ported blower details are.

MisterChrome, my next mod(s) is going to include a bigger alternator pulley to see if I can save my alternator. Since we have similar mods you might want to look into it too :)

Yea from what I understood, Ed doesn't have them in stock but let me know if anything changes bc I would be interested if he does indeed have real Posi's vs Posi spec or Stieg. I will look into the alternator thing as well. BTW, what is your mileage on the car?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
LT's seem like a lot of trouble; hard to install or expensive to have installed and then you have clearance issues after the install, with no room for lowering the car.

I'd say go with a port.

MisterChrome

Established Member
LT's seem like a lot of trouble; hard to install or expensive to have installed and then you have clearance issues after the install, with no room for lowering the car.

I'd say go with a port.

No luck with finding a Posi port :shrug: Damn, and I am already lowered HR Race no Isos. Install, I found a pretty good deal and he is well talked about on a local forum. My bigger concern is the power gains. If I go with LTs and TB and Plenum, will I reach the 500 mark when I am currently at 451. The ported blower alone would...

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I understand about the POSI port. how about entertain the idea of a steigi port. I know the customer service isn't as good but a stage 5 should get you were you need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread