What Mustang would you get?

ModularFan

Established Member
Why not have two cars your DD and a street/drag car so if it breaks you still got the DD.

Thats what Id do make me a nice 10sec fox body

I plan on keeping the max, that ain't goin no where. I just don't really like foxes all that much.

ModularFan

Established Member
you can find 99-04 gt's for cheap maybe 6k for one add a cowl hood,03/04 cobra bumber and side skirts to start then a kenne bell.

I am not looking to be a wanna be, I don't want a 2v, But I guess I could swap 4v heads onto it if I really wanted.

4valvemach

Established Member
The GT bumber is ugly as hell and the 03/04 bumber is sick looking thats why I say use it.Wannabe or not the 99-04 mustangs with the 03/04 bumber and side skirts will look better IMO.While at it add the rear bumber shave the cobra letters and add the cobra spoiler LOL

Just as long as someone does NOT put the cobra snake/svt or cobra in the rear bumber then I see no problem.

Last edited:

ModularFan

Established Member
The GT bumber is ugly as hell and the 03/04 bumber is sick looking thats why I say use it.Wannabe or not the 99-04 mustangs with the 03/04 bumber and side skirts will look better IMO.While at it add the rear bumber shave the cobra letters and add the cobra spoiler LOL

Just as long as someone does NOT put the cobra snake/svt or cobra in the rear bumber then I see no problem.

Its still a fake if you ask me. got pics?

Last edited:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Its still a fake if you ask me. got pics?

My Beast has an 03 Cobra hood and now bumper (avatar needs updating)
But I did this for cooling issues. Being blown, I think most people understand that. It dropped my IAT's 17 degrees (can't remember, maybe it was 13- I have it written down somewhere) I'm certainly not trying to pass it off as something else. Besides, in my case, it would be pretty hard to pass off a DHG Cobra lol

Now if you were to swap on Cobra and SVT emblems, etc. that's different. :nono:

BTW- I can assure you that if you ever saw her in person and got the chance to go out for a spin, it would probably change your mind about 2V's and their potential. :beer:

rydnspnrs

Established Member
I would go for the mach1 because of price . Looks wize , I don't like the wheels on them (ugly IMO) the saleens look nice and the fr500 chrome look more racy I think I would do fr500s . If you want a car that will do great in a straight line this is the one , I hear of guys with cobras swapping out the rear IRS to solid axle to hookup better at the track. The only foxbodys worth messin with IMO are the coupes but you never said anything about wanting a fox lol!!!!!!!! Definitly get a job first and the firefighter thing is a great deal I know a few.

rydnspnrs

Established Member
There's nothing wrong with that any v8 stang is a good car!! It's just hard to find one that doesn't need some work done to it . I think getting a loan for one with a descent interest rate would be a good idea for your credit and if you get on with the fire dept you can get great int rates .

ModularFan

Established Member
There's nothing wrong with that any v8 stang is a good car!! It's just hard to find one that doesn't need some work done to it . I think getting a loan for one with a descent interest rate would be a good idea for your credit and if you get on with the fire dept you can get great int rates .

I know, I am only doing firefighting volunteer, so I don't think there would be benefits who knows. But I am leaning towards fox body's know, Ill throw liability on it for the time being, there's no way in hell and it wouldn't make sense to get full coverage on a 20 year old car. although I could probably get Historic plates on it.

I also though of getting a Ford Crown Vic and swapping in a Cobra engine, probably the 03-up Versions, apparently they have a somewhat wider engine bay from what I am hearing.

Last edited:

rydnspnrs

Established Member
I know, I am only doing firefighting volunteer, so I don't think there would be benefits who knows. But I am leaning towards fox body's know, Ill throw liability on it for the time being, there's no way in hell and it wouldn't make sense to get full coverage on a 20 year old car. although I could probably get Historic plates on it.

I also though of getting a Ford Crown Vic and swapping in a Cobra engine, probably the 03-up Versions, apparently they have a somewhat wider engine bay from what I am hearing.

Now that would be bada$$ , the mercury murauder is a bad car too you may be able to find a good deal on one of those and it probly won't be worn out!!

Cobra GT

Established Member
96-98 cobra 4V, custom tune w/ a few treats and be happy. I just picked up a 97 cobra for $5500, i put cai, custom tune the car is right at 300rwhp and is a blast to drive. feels much better than a 2V

ModularFan

Established Member
96-98 cobra 4V, custom tune w/ a few treats and be happy. I just picked up a 97 cobra for $5500, i put cai, custom tune the car is right at 300rwhp and is a blast to drive. feels much better than a 2V

Thanks, I though about doing the C-Head Swap.

ModularFan

Established Member
Ok So I am looking at 94-98 Cobra's along with 99-01 Cobra's as well, they seem to be in my price range, I've looked at a few 99-04 GT's as well. My question is, How hard is it to swap 4v heads onto a 2v SOHC engine, I want everything to be plug and play direct.

Would it be easier to do on a 99-01 Cobra, swapping the B heads for the C Heads? Because I know I can do that with the 94-98's only thing is the 98 don't have a return system correct? I would have to swap intake manifolds, and other things, But I don't feel like snipping wires etc, I want everything plug and play. I guess that would be easier to do on the 99-01 Cobra's right?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
get a fox, come buy my 01 GT thats totalled, take the drivetrain out of it, throw a s/c on it, run 11's on low power on a 2v and have a fun car that is light and handles well

Users who are viewing this thread