What other cities celebrate Mardis Gras?

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Its that time of year again! Mardis Gras. Here in St. Louis we are home to the second largest event next to New Orleans. Hurricanes, beads, boobs, public urination, It will be another awesome year :p

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Its that time of year again! Mardis Gras. Here in St. Louis we are home to the second largest event next to New Orleans. Hurricanes, beads, boobs, public urination, It will be another awesome year :p

Hurricanes I can do without, along with public urination, beads are pretty useless to me as well. But those things you mention are a good enough reason to celebrate! :banana:

Have a good time. :beer: Are the pickpockets bad in St. Louis also?

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
What goes on at night in STL? I get off work at 430 and plan on heading over there by 6

Tomorrow night it will basically just be people partying in the bars down in Soulard, a few people will be out in the streets as well with vendors, then Saturday is the Grand parade which starts at 11am, thats when the real partying starts in the streets, it gets pretty crazy from about noon onwards till early Sunday morning.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Hurricanes I can do without, along with public urination, beads are pretty useless to me as well. But those things you mention are a good enough reason to celebrate! :banana:

Have a good time. :beer: Are the pickpockets bad in St. Louis also?

This event is actually pretty tame for as many drunk people are there, i think last year there were only like 6 arrests, and mostly for minor in possessions. St. Louis is like any other big city, certain areas you just dont go to, luckily Soulard area where Mardis Gras goes down is pretty safe.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Tomorrow night it will basically just be people partying in the bars down in Soulard, a few people will be out in the streets as well with vendors, then Saturday is the Grand parade which starts at 11am, thats when the real partying starts in the streets, it gets pretty crazy from about noon onwards till early Sunday morning.

Hell yeah.. I'm hoping this weekend will live up to the hype... Then I only have 3 weeks left in the midwest and I'm hightailing my ass back to Montana

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Hell yeah.. I'm hoping this weekend will live up to the hype... Then I only have 3 weeks left in the midwest and I'm hightailing my ass back to Montana

I can guarantee you that it will, even with the bad weather they are predicting. Last year it was freezing ass cold and there were still a ton of people out. If you are planning on drinking Hurricanes they are $9 a piece from most street vendors, if you go up behind the farmers market there is usually a stand thats selling home made ones for 5 a piece that are a ton stronger. It will be a great time :beer:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I'd say Mardi Gras down here in Galveston, TX rivals St. Louis and may be bigger. The island gets over 200,000 people a year. This year there's going to be 26 concerts, 18 parades, 15 balcony parties, and 5 masked balls. It's a good time.

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
I'm in South Louisiana, a few miles from Mamou, home of "Mamou Courir de Mardi Gras". It's certainly not the largest gathering, but a totally different experience.

oldmodman

Established Member
The only one around here is the one in West Hollywood and it's GAY.

I mean really, really gay. As in the floats are giant penises gay.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Williamsport, PA does a decent Mardi Gras. Obviously its small, because its nothing more than a large town. Downtown gets shut down though, and you're free to drink and roam around and theres stuff set up in the streets and whatnot.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
we celebrate here but it's Fiesta time that San Antonians get their groove on lol

Users who are viewing this thread