• Other please state which one

Votes: 49 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

04Screamer

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
Can you state why please? I was about to order and just wanted to hear more input on why you think this. Thanks.

My biggest complaint is that the firewall screws did not screw in flush, which caused the lock nut to not lay flat and lock. Even after I got some screws that fit, I still had issues with the lock nut coming loose. This issue is probably only a problem with the 4-valve motors. The diameter of the lock nut and adjusting nut makes it necessary to install assembled because of clearance issues with the valve cover (see pic) meaning that the srew-in nut almost completely blocks access to the bottom firewall screw. The FIORE adjuster shouldn't have most of these issues. :-D

1adjuster.jpg

04Screamer

Established Member
jackers said:
Man I finally installed my Fiore today. I cant explain how nice it is. My clutch pedal feels so smooth and the shifting under load is ALOT easier now. My buddy can powershift the hell out of a car and when he got done with some spirited driving today said he had the jitters because of how good it felt to shift. Even if it is on back order (which I am not sure about) I would hold off for this one. Great piece with no set screw. Great mod to have!
Are you using the stock cable? It seems that it's only supposed to work with adjustable cables.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
The new UPR Quick Release works great. Getting the stock junk out was a PITA but it worked great afterwards. PS. If ya do this it's easier if ya pull the driver's side Coil Cover first.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
is this a hard installation? how much is this all going to run me? can someone just give me the run down of how this works and what about if i wanna get a new clutch down the road, is this still worth getting?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
is this a hard installation? how much is this all going to run me? can someone just give me the run down of how this works and what about if i wanna get a new clutch down the road, is this still worth getting?
Extreme Firwall adjuster and triple hook clutch quadrant to my door was $56. It allows you to adjust at what point your clutch engages/disengages for more precise shifting. IMO it's worth every penny. Think of it this way, every time your foot presses the clutch down it's a big difference so you won't regret it. Install is a PITA if you have any size about you, but it's managable. There's a good write up in the how to section.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Anybody have an update of FIORE vs UPR? I am about to order. Also, what about quick release vs stock profile? I guess FIORE is a quick release?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
jackers said:
Man I finally installed my Fiore today. I cant explain how nice it is. My clutch pedal feels so smooth and the shifting under load is ALOT easier now. My buddy can powershift the hell out of a car and when he got done with some spirited driving today said he had the jitters because of how good it felt to shift. Even if it is on back order (which I am not sure about) I would hold off for this one. Great piece with no set screw. Great mod to have!
PM sent, curious if this helps powershifting from 2nd to 3rd under a WOT load

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Fiore is the bomb!!! Helped my powershifting problem, it looks bitchen, and the LDC freeplay mod worked awesome also. Whole different feel to the car with this combo.

csumt76

Established Member
If anything, do not buy anything from UPR.... They suck.

I got great service from them until recently. However, I just ordered a few parts from them totalling around $100. First of all, the billet antenna I got was bent... and now it is corroding/rusty after 3 weeks. I ordered a billet part for my interior, polished, but when I got it it was not polished. Of course they charged me for the polished one, never offered to refund my money, only to have me drive there and exchange(defeating the whole purpose of my online order) or I could ship it back to them. Fugggg that. What a waste of time.

Another piece I ordered I was charged for immediately, but it was not even in stock. They failed to tell me that it was not going to be ready for about a month. I found that out only after I called them and spent 10 minutes on the phone with them. Fuc* UPR.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
So how much would the Fiore kit cost, what is needed with it, and where can i get it? I grinded third for the first time today and it really got me pissed off.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Fiore quad/adj, with MM pedal height adjuster.

Works great, ultra smooth/progressive. Top quality machine work and very easy to install.

YoungJim

Established Member
I ordered one from The Mustang Shop in Calgary, they said they'd been backordered there for 5 weeks and expected one next week or so. It was CAD113 shipped, so about USD100. I'm going to have the motor out so I should be able to get some really good install photos. Jim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread