What rattles on your interior?

Jefe

Established Member
Anyone used any Rotunda Squeak and Rattle Kit (164-R4900)? A buddy of mine with a Cobra said he took out all the snap in pieces, put this rotunda stuff on and he has no more interior noises at all. Gonna check it out soon

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Something in/or near the gauges....I always hear some kind of click and have to look and see if i left my blinker on. :shrug:

nothing else

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
Not one thing on mine...its perfect....

Kidding, duh its a Ford, but I love it

Got some small rattles here and there...I always cruise with the windows down and exhaust turned up, so I don't hear them...

^ same, but I fixed it for ya :rockon:

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Im in the same boat...
Console rattles, wierd noises fom window, creaking noise from rear driver's side when I go over bumps, need to get those MM FLSFC's put on and see if that does the trick. By the way, mine is a coupe.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Let me start the thread. I would like to know what type of rattles other Cobra owners are experiencing. Here is my list.

1. Center console rattles constantly while under acceleration or at cruising speeds.
2. Convertible header panel rattles.
3. Rear quarter window rattle. Fixed it twice now.
4. Drivers seat shifts back and forth. Usually under first takeoff.
5. Entire vehicle shakes and rattles over bumps, ruts, potholes etc...

I have something rattling near the rear quarter window too.. How did you fix?

Other then that, no other noises. Car is low mileage, but spent time on Michigan roads!

03mgmcobra

Established Member
center console above ac vents rattles, windows vibrate/make noise, pass seat vibrates but no noise. pass window now goes up to far and when i close the door, it makes a clunk and is hard to close.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
The front suspension pops every time I turn the wheel to pull out of the garage, the brake pedal pops sometimes, seems like there's a little slack in the drivetrain as well when I let off the gas. All I know is that I forget about every creak or rattle (as well as every other problem in my life) when I hit the gas. If I wanted a smooth car I wouldn't have bought a Mustang.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
God i hate it, its worse when its cold to.

My ebrake button buzzes, so i now keep a strip of electrical tape on it.

Drivers door panel by sail panel area creaks sometimes. Passenger door panel at same area is a freaking creak and rattle monster. So annoying right now, i think its definitely coming off this weekend. Sounds like a blown speaker when driving over standard Modesto street surfaces (sometimes it would be better off if they had no paved roads at all).

Another rattle in the back seat deck area.

Passenger seat rattles at idle from vibrations, its the headrest. At a long stop i just put my arm against it and keep pressure on it to soak the vibrations.

Seriously some mornings i get so annoyed i just want to keep driving to the nearest dealership and unload it for the cheapest newest car on there, dont even care if i get the difference thrown on top, i just want a freaking car thats not a rattletrap anymore. It was fine 5k mi ago! DDing with our shitty roads has put a beating on this car.

Last edited:

VincodeY

Established Member
vents rattle like no other. There is also a squeak in the back if you hit even the slightest bump...pebbles would do it. The rear end squeaks over everything but I think that its time for new shocks.

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
The e-brake rattle is an easy one to fix. Use your fingers to turn the e-brake button, the same way you would tighten a screw. Just turn until it you feel some tension. Did that last two years ago. No more rattle.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
once I started driving it hard.....the better question is what DOESN'T rattle! HAHA! It's a fun car, so I could care less to be honest. I just turn up the radio:dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread