What should I pay for a lower mileage 04 Cobra?

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Hey guys.

I'm looking at getting back into a Cobra and already have my loan approved through my credit union. I've found one locally that I can't stop drooooooling over.

Its a Redfire 04 with 35k miles. Has basic mods like a pulley, catback, and tune. I happen to know the people who not only did the work bit the tune aswell so I'm positive all good motor wise. It's got a clean history, straight body, and very few rock chips.

The seller is an older guy who's keept the car in almost showroom condition. He's asking $22k but said he was willing to entertain a fair offer for both sides.

So help me out SVTP, what's a fair price for this car?!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Going price would probably be $19.5-$23k so I'd say its priced about right. Maybe offer him $21k.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Here are some pics.

a6fa41ae-3000-7cb6.jpg
a6fa41ae-300a-3825.jpg
a6fa41ae-3010-637f.jpg

itSSlow98

Established Member
Offer 20k, hell say meet him in the middle and call it a day. 21k is a fair deal but not necessarily something I would jump all over. BTW it appears to have front coilovers and caster camber plates. Probably has more done then you think.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with giving him a $20K offer. He may take it. Or he may meet you in the middle. The car does appear to be in great shape and nice modded. Likely not abused.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Offer 20k, hell say meet him in the middle and call it a day. 21k is a fair deal but not necessarily something I would jump all over. BTW it appears to have front coilovers and caster camber plates. Probably has more done then you think.

I was just noticed the CC plates when I posted the pic. I think I'm going to offer $20 and see what happens.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I called the bank to ask what blue book was and I'm stunned that these things held so much of their value considering their age. Hopefully the seller.takes my.offer and the value doesn't tank next month lol.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Although mine is an 03, and I bought it a year and a half ago. I bought mine for $21k with less than 12k miles on the odo. He was asking $22k.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I'd offer 19k

I think he'd laugh in my face if I threw that at him. He was originally asking $24k but recently dropped it down to $22k. Sounds to be like an older guy and highly doubt that he has a payment on this thing. We'll see. I hope I'll be driving it home tomorrow.

Last edited:

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
We setteled on $20k. He wasn't moving off $22k until we started talking and he.caught on that I'm a big car guy.

lHe's going to throw in all spare parts, car cover, pulley puller and more that I can't think of. Brand new tires all around. There was one small scratch on the drivers side door-nothing you would notice unless you're looking for it. Mileage was closer to 36k and I think it needs a Cobra Bob gasket asap. Expansion tanks for the coolant and IC and a lots of chrome dress up items. Redfire idlers too.

How did I do?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread