What to do with my car

brianz426

Established Member
On a completely separate note:::

A few weeks ago, I flew a tuner in to do some bolt-ons and a tune for my gtr. He has had a '13 gt500 in his shop with a grenaded stock clutch. He determined this clutch was failing because the master cylinder was engaging to release the clutch when you pushed the clutch in 3/4 of the way, but then releasing the clutch slightly when you pushed it to the floor. So if you had your foot to the floor at a light, the clutch disc was lightly hitting the flywheel, heating it up.

WOW! This is bad.:nonono: All of my clutch action is in the last top inch of travel. I don't like all the travel before engagement. Still breaking it in so I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that I don't have any problems.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Just FYI, dumping clutch will cause both clutch and gear issues you mentioned you had. What did they say was the reason for the issues?
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

They never found out the full reason for either. The clutch failed with 170 miles on the car with my little kids in it---it had not seen wot. The rear started whining during the new clutch break in period--again, the car had not seen wot. The dealer told me the backlash was not set correctly.

You have to realize that I live in Wisconsin. Even when the clutch was finally broken in, the car could never hook up--period. I only drove it in the fall--our temps were already in the 40's and 50's by the time I had the car running. Sucks I never got to really drive the car hard in warm weather where it could possibly hook. Sure, I might have been a set of gears and a built rear end away from a stout car. But that's what I paid nearly $70 ****ing thousand for in the first place. Not a car with three major drivetrain issues in the first 1500 miles of ownership

Users who are viewing this thread