What to look for on a 04 cobra

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Hi everyone, I am new to the mustang world and have always been a camaro lover. But the thing is I am selling my camaro to get a 03 or 04 cobra. The one I am looking at has 45000 miles its got quite abit done to it. Its got a cold air smaller pullies pushing 14 lbs full exhaust the motor is bored .20 over with lower compression pistons solid axle in the rear and alot more done. I am just trying to figure out what I should look for on this car when I got drive it. I will make sure to look for leaks and stuff like that but is there anything that these cars are know for having go wrong on them. Second thing is he is saying after a good tune he thinks the car will be about 550rwhp do you think this is possible or do you have to go into it pretty deap for that kind of power. Well if you can help me out it would be great thanks

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
i'm guessing its a ported eaton on the car, even so 550rwhp is a lot for a stock blower. Terminators can easily handle that kind of power, but i dont know if this car is making it off that combo. But then again i dont know all the details. Also for early 03 models check for headtick.

United_115

Established Member
550rwhp seems a little high for even a ported eaton does it not?
Also a good idea is to check out if its been raced alot since hes got the engine done and if it had the proper break in period.

canibus

Established Member
miles are high considering all the modding. to me that thing has taken quite a bit of abuse. ask how long the mods have been on the car. what's he asking for?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
lower compression pistons=wtf??? why, they come with low compression already???
Ported blower + 14lbs = 460-480 rwhp

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
Kyle Webb? 1967 Firebird? DHS? I only know of 2 terminators in Kaysville. I'm assuming if it's for sale in K-town it's the redfire with the FR-500 wheels? Or you're looking at the Torch red on KSL?

P.M. Me I'll set you straight.

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
my stage 4 with a 2.76 and supporting mods netted me around 481...wasnt much worth the $$ over just pulleying it but I never raced...just street only

Users who are viewing this thread