What tools do you use to cut your springs

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
I want to lower the rear about an inch. I have the Steeda 03-04's without issos and they still sit too high on the rear.
Thanks

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to lower the rear about an inch. I have the Steeda 03-04's without issos and they still sit too high on the rear.
Thanks
You can cut them with a Dremel or a grinder with a cut-off wheel. Be careful not to cut too much off at once, you might get some tire rub.

NateV8

Established Member
I bought a metal cutting blade for my circular saw for like $1.50. I cut the stock springs 4 different times and it works perfect.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lowering springs would be the better way to go to maintain the proper suspension geometry, but cutting an inch should be fine. Cutting more than 1.5" starts to affect geometry. The tips above will certainly do it for you.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
PM me your number and I'll help you. I have done several cars here in DFW. :beer:
Here's what I use BTW:
126149.jpg

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
keep in mind he has Steeda springs, so cutting a full coil will net a different drop than a full coil on a stock spring.

What springs did you use? Your drop looks perfect. I'm thinking of buying some used stock ones and cutting them. I could resale the Steeda ones. :shrug:

I'll send a PM to ya' later Kevin. :beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
What springs did you use? Your drop looks perfect. I'm thinking of buying some used stock ones and cutting them. I could resale the Steeda ones. :shrug:
thanks! i run 4-cylinder fox springs in the front, and stock springs w/ 1 full coil cut for the rear. if you cut 1 coil off the front of the stock springs it will pretty much look like mine in the front....

Users who are viewing this thread