What was your last workout?

VegasMichael

Established Member
The old 20-rep squat routine from Ironman magazine was the best. Pick a weight where you gas out at about 12 reps. But wait. You ain't done. Do another rep or two and rest standing. Crank out another one. Rest with bar still on your back. Keep doing until you hit 20. It's the closest you will ever come to taking your own life with a barbell.

quad

Established Member
Ahnold used to squat until he puked. Once he upchucked he knew his day was done.
So he says of course. Arnold was a sales man and you never knew where the BS started and stopped. Had a great physique though. One of the best ever!

I've never trained until I throw up - I try to eat sensible an hour or two before working out. People that have heart attacks also sometimes throw up so it can't be a good sign if you're throwing up in the gym! I do get a nasty headache sometimes when training legs hard. Hate that feeling and driving home in the car with the headache sucks. I try to take a few deep breaths to increase oxygen supply and that helps.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
So he says of course. Arnold was a sales man and you never knew where the BS started and stopped. Had a great physique though. One of the best ever!

I've never trained until I throw up - I try to eat sensible an hour or two before working out. People that have heart attacks also sometimes throw up so it can't be a good sign if you're throwing up in the gym! I do get a nasty headache sometimes when training legs hard. Hate that feeling and driving home in the car with the headache sucks. I try to take a few deep breaths to increase oxygen supply and that helps.
You might be holding your breath too much when you squat?

To me Ahnold was the goat and I believe him when he says he puked.

quad

Established Member
The old 20-rep squat routine from Ironman magazine was the best. Pick a weight where you gas out at about 12 reps. But wait. You ain't done. Do another rep or two and rest standing. Crank out another one. Rest with bar still on your back. Keep doing until you hit 20. It's the closest you will ever come to taking your own life with a barbell.
Lol yeah that will take you out. Platz trained like that and beyond. You need a good lower back and knees for that shit! I could squat a decent amount and I am sure my legs could do more but the lower back let me down. Lower back exercises are important and I did not focus on them enough.

quad

Established Member
You might be holding your breath too much when you squat?

To me Ahnold was the goat and I believe him when he says he puked.
That is what I am thinking. I don't squat anymore. I can get a headache with hack squats and leg press if I go very heavy. Fortunately it does not happen too often.

Yeah he probably did once or twice. I've heard he was one of the hardest trainers in his time. If you watch him in Pumping Iron he is having a ball and it is hard to imagine him puke in those workouts. Then again he does squats with Ed Corney in the movie and it looks brutal even though the bar is not loaded too heavy.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Lol yeah that will take you out. Platz trained like that and beyond. You need a good lower back and knees for that shit! I could squat a decent amount and I am sure my legs could do more but the lower back let me down. Lower back exercises are important and I did not focus on them enough.
Platz had the greatest legs ever. Probably what held him back from winning more trophies since he spent more time on them than his upper body. To me, the best squats are done rock bottom. That's how I did them.

VegasMichael

Established Member
That is what I am thinking. I don't squat anymore. I can get a headache with hack squats and leg press if I go very heavy. Fortunately it does not happen too often.

Yeah he probably did once or twice. I've heard he was one of the hardest trainers in his time. If you watch him in Pumping Iron he is having a ball and it is hard to imagine him puke in those workouts. Then again he does squats with Ed Corney in the movie and it looks brutal even though the bar is not loaded too heavy.
Ed Corney was probably the best poser in bodybuilding history.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yesterday:
3 minutes of jump rope
4 rounds of shadowboxing
4 rounds of heavy bag
2 minutes of jump rope
2 sets each of power cleans, squats, military press, lateral raise, curls and slow punches with dumbbells
1 set of burpees
5 sets of crunches
stretch

Today: 60 minute walk

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yesterday did 4 rounds of shadowboxing, 3 minute rope skip, 4 rounds of heavy bag, 1 minute rope skip, 2 sets each of power cleans, squats, military presses, curls, lateral raises and slow dumbbell punches, 1 set of burpees, 5 sets of crunches, stretch.

Today I reached my annual summer goal of a 1 hour non-stop lap swim. The reward? Finlandia.

96dreamer

Established Member
Leg Friday today. Was feeling good and ended up hitting a new pr of 540. Did some aux leg stuff and shoulder press after. Haven't gone heavy in a while but everything felt great. Would have liked to go a bit deeper but I left happy. Instagram tag is 100% a joke i've posted like 7 things over a few years.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Leg Friday today. Was feeling good and ended up hitting a new pr of 540. Did some aux leg stuff and shoulder press after. Haven't gone heavy in a while but everything felt great. Would have liked to go a bit deeper but I left happy. Instagram tag is 100% a joke i've posted like 7 things over a few years.
Nice. That's actually pretty close to parallel.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Friday: 55 minute walk, 10 minute stationary bike ride
Saturday: couch potato
Today: In order--4 rounds shadowboxing, 3 minute rope skip, 4 rounds heavy bag, 2 sets of dips, 2 sets of pushups, 1 round speed bag, 1 round double ended bag, 1 minute rope skip, 1 set of burpees, 1 round of shadowboxing, 5 sets of crunches, stretch

*I've never used a speed bag before so that's going to take some practice

CV355

_
Established Member

I used to do weighted ab crunches until I was on the verge of puking. I miss those days.

Now if I do any vigorous exercise, I get an instant headache. Really sucks, because I miss the washboard ab thing. Now it looks more like a pack of deflated dinner rolls. Still there, but sad and not appealing.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Washed the truck for one hour and a half in the 83 degree sun. lol
About to do shoulders today.

Military press to the front with barbell
Front and side lateral raises with dumbbells
Upright rows
Bent over dumbbell raises for rear delts

Users who are viewing this thread