What will my 500HP car do in the 1/4

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
It was said that it was a drivers skill level that would determine the time so that is a comparison to my skill level take it how ever.

Hope that sounds rite i pulled a double yesterday and am doing a 6 hour turn around.

yes with 500hp man. was that a typo or do you really make 315hp@ 20psi in a lightning???

braceyaself

Established Member
my car with stock suspension went 11.0 with 460. Could have easily went faster being that i let out in the pass. 500 imo with a good driver will net you 10.5s to 10.2s depending on traction. and track da. I ran that also with a stock 3650 and clutch. Clutchs and bad driving break 3650s...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
In my mach 1. 3.55 bf goodrich dr 275 dual friction clutch. it will be a 5.0 stroker so I'm not sure what the tq will be.

why are you only going with a 275? if you want to run dr's at least get a 10-10.5" rim and use 305s or 315s man!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Go with this tire. It's listed as M&H 325/45/17, but it is the same size as everyone elses 275 and hooks like no other drag radial I have tried, as you can see in the pic. It will fit a 9" wide rim too.

xgh1rn.jpg

Last edited:

99lightning_svt

Established Member
Go with this tire. It's listed as M&H 325/45/17, but it is the same size as everyone elses 275 and hooks like no other drag radial I have tried, as you can see in the pic. It will fit a 9" wide rim too.

xgh1rn.jpg

I might try that one but i need a built rear end first i would think i can see my axles holding if the tires hook and + the imput shaft on my 3650 is only rated to 400 hp :??:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

xgh1rn.jpg

went racing again eh?? nothing new?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
went racing again eh?? nothing new?

We went last weekend. I knew the air was going to be sh*t, so I just went to play around in street trim. Minus the headlight, that pass in the pic was just as I drive it on the street. 1.51 60' and ran a 10.70. The next pass should have been in the 10.60's as I was upping the launch, but the clutch hung up and slipped all the way through first gear. I'm also having an issue again between shifts with fuel spikes causing it to hesitate like with a pprv still in. Not quite that bad, but enough to affect the run a tenth or so. Eric is gonna try and work on it in the tune. I just need to go to a return style fuel system and not have to worry about it anymore.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I might try that one but i need a built rear end first i would think i can see my axles holding if the tires hook and + the imput shaft on my 3650 is only rated to 400 hp :??:
I've blown my diff up once and had it rebuilt one other time before upgrading everything.
I went with a Detroit Trutrac, Moser axles, and an LPW Diff brace.
If I ever blow it up again I'm going with the Currie 9" and forget this 8.8" crap.

My 3650 has held up well to my 6000rpm launches so far (as I touch wood)
I do have a spare and I will be sending it in for a 26 spline input shaft and some cryo and polish work.

Here is some info that was forwarded to me by someone who inquired at American Powertrain.

3650 Plus -$1485
500hp/430ft-lb rated transmission good for 6500rpm shifting.
* A cryo treated 10-spline input shaft
* Cryo treated forks
* Mushroom peened hardened roll pins
* Billet cluster support
* Complete new bearing and synchro kit
* All new seals and pads and small parts
* And a number of other killer tricks to make the transmission live

3650 Extreme - $1885
700hp/650ft-lb rated transmission good for 7000rpm shifting.
* All the cool stuff in the 3650Plus
* Dual base-welded 26-Spline input shaft
* Billet keys
* Upgraded synchros

Extreme minus 26-spline $1585

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
We went last weekend. I knew the air was going to be sh*t, so I just went to play around in street trim. Minus the headlight, that pass in the pic was just as I drive it on the street. 1.51 60' and ran a 10.70. The next pass should have been in the 10.60's as I was upping the launch, but the clutch hung up and slipped all the way through first gear. I'm also having an issue again between shifts with fuel spikes causing it to hesitate like with a pprv still in. Not quite that bad, but enough to affect the run a tenth or so. Eric is gonna try and work on it in the tune. I just need to go to a return style fuel system and not have to worry about it anymore.

a 70 on a 1.51??? wtf??

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
a 70 on a 1.51??? wtf??

Crappy air and the hesitation on the shifts(not me, the car) killed the runs. It only trapped 127.75. The car was about 150lbs heavier than normal too. Nearly full tank of gas, passenger seat, heavier wheel/tire combo. Like I said, full street trim.

Users who are viewing this thread