What would cause my car to buck?

beastmar

Established Member
So previously in my car, I had 60lb injectors, KB BAP, stock fuel system running 91 octane with no issues. So I changed out my pumps to the improved gt pumps, id 1050x, modified FPDM and deleted the PPRV. When I get into boost and then quickly release the throttle, it'll start to violently buck like my motor is being starved of fuel for that brief moment. I keep going back to my tunert o try and resolve this issue and so far after (3) return trips, this still keeps occurring. What could my problem be? Should I be looking get a tune elsewhere?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Have you looked over the datalogs? Are you able to see what the wideband is doing when this happens? Do you still have the BAP?

My first instinct would be the tune. Maybe it's an injector issue. The stuff you changed aren't really big changes.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
If he hasn’t fixed it in the tune or pointed you in a direction for a mechanical problem, yes, I’d consider a new tuner.

Is it bucking under load and then you’re letting off? It reads like it’s bucking after you let off....

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

beastmar

Established Member
Have you looked over the datalogs? Are you able to see what the wideband is doing when this happens? Do you still have the BAP?

My first instinct would be the tune. Maybe it's an injector issue. The stuff you changed aren't really big changes.

Exactly what I thought, no big changes. I still have my bap and my injectors are brand new. I haven’t tried to datalog the issue. What parameters should I be datalogging?

If he hasn’t fixed it in the tune or pointed you in a direction for a mechanical problem, yes, I’d consider a new tuner.

Is it bucking under load and then you’re letting off? It reads like it’s bucking after you let off....

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It is not bucking under load. It’s bucking after I get into boost for a quick second and then let off. Once I let off the car bucks.

What everyone else is saying, your new mods need a new tune

I have gone to the shop a couple times now to have him fix the tune. Still persists.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have a similar issue, that just started lately but i have not done any changes to mine? An mine bucks when i hit it hard from the 2-3 shift? Last tuned over the summer and was running great :confused:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a similar issue, that just started lately but i have not done any changes to mine? An mine bucks when i hit it hard from the 2-3 shift? Last tuned over the summer and was running great :confused:
Is it a buck or a hesitation?

cj428mach

Established Member
Might check out

http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Under the dashpot write up.

"If while driving during decel conditions you experience 'bucking' then you will need to reduce the dashpot decay rate at that dashpot airmass.
If you do not have enough dashpot present to prevent bucking, it is neccessary to increase the dashpot lbs/min airflow by reducing the RPM in FN882(A).
This is typical with big blocks and higher displacement engines. "

Zemedici

Established Member
and you guys have PPRV deletes?

No kinked lines?

My car was doing the same shit, would buck hard on a 2-3 shift, like fuel cut, and i found a kinked line in my PPRV Delete.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Might check out

http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Under the dashpot write up.

"If while driving during decel conditions you experience 'bucking' then you will need to reduce the dashpot decay rate at that dashpot airmass.
If you do not have enough dashpot present to prevent bucking, it is neccessary to increase the dashpot lbs/min airflow by reducing the RPM in FN882(A).
This is typical with big blocks and higher displacement engines. "

Thanks for the info! but to reiterate my car was running fine since i last had it tuned in July, just recently a few times out did it start doing this?
Ill have to check for a kink line as well.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Why the upgrade if everything was running fine? Adding more power?

beastmar

Established Member
and you guys have PPRV deletes?

No kinked lines?

My car was doing the same shit, would buck hard on a 2-3 shift, like fuel cut, and i found a kinked line in my PPRV Delete.

I can't have kinked lines in my system after the pprv delete... :) I hard line all turn and bends. The only connection that's not hard line is the connection from the hardline to the fitting either on the pump or fuel hat.

Why the upgrade if everything was running fine? Adding more power?

To run E85 :)

My car was getting stupid, spitting and crap. Turned out to be the plugs.

Brand new plugs on my car before I started the tuning process.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I can't have kinked lines in my system after the pprv delete... :) I hard line all turn and bends. The only connection that's not hard line is the connection from the hardline to the fitting either on the pump or fuel hat.

To run E85 :)

Brand new plugs on my car before I started the tuning process.

Cant blame you for wanting to be able to run E85

Users who are viewing this thread