What would you think of a 2.0-Liter EcoBoost Mustang?

acrbill

Established Member
I think it depends on what the MSRP come in at. Strip it down and bring it in under $20k and I would make room in the garage next to my GT.

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
He was refering to the N/A 3.7 currently in the base Mustang

:shrug: Looked like a reference to the ecoboost to me.

Either way the engines are pretty solid. The 2.0L ecoboost makes more than the 2.5L turbo in the regular WRX. If it got better gas mileage than the 3.7L V6, I think people would buy it.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
That would be another benefit. Plus it would be a model that it's domestic competitors don't have an answer for.
absolutley! there has been talk off and on about a turbo I4 camaro in the works, but, lets be honest, it probably wouldn't come in under 3,700lbs(the V6 weighs right at 3,800lbs). that's just not gonna cut it against a 3,400lb(or lower, 3.7l comes in at 3,460) turbo 4 mustang and the 3,400lb genesis coupe.
hell, looking at those numbers alone, it seems like a no brainer really. the market would be theirs!

wbt

Banned
Go google SVO mustangs before make yourself sound any dumber.

I hate mustang owners that have zero knowledge of the breed.

Agreed.

How about this 4 cyl. Mustang:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdX4k7Ujurw"]YouTube - John Blair doing a quick 9 second pull[/nomedia]

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
I don't know about the mustang, but i think ford should bring that engine into another ford car. Return of the SVO, anyone? :beer:

Grant808

Established Member
I'd rather have a few more cubes...2.5ish 4 cyl. I'd prefer the larger V6 turbo instead...wanted one since 2000. If an ecoboost is to be 4 cyl, I would want it in the 2014...assuming it is a much smaller, lighter body.

BriansZ

Established Member
I think a 2.0 Ecoboost in the Mustang would be popular. Ford offered 4-cylinder engines in the Mustangs during the fox-body era, and the SVO turbo Mustangs had pretty good performance for their time. I know most of us performance oriented guys would keep our 5.0 GTs, but it would be a good option and it might even convert some import guys that prefer turbos over cubic inches.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think a 2.0 Ecoboost in the Mustang would be popular. Ford offered 4-cylinder engines in the Mustangs during the fox-body era, and the SVO turbo Mustangs had pretty good performance for their time. I know most of us performance oriented guys would keep our 5.0 GTs, but it would be a good option and it might even convert some import guys that prefer turbos over cubic inches.

Also have to think that such a Mustang would have better power than the previous generation V6.

ncarter124

Established Member
If it were to bring back the SVO badge I'd be all over it, otherwise I think it would be ok but nothing I would ever consider owning, just like the V6 Mustang now.

kingnut

Established Member
I could go thread to thread just making asinine comments like you do but I decided to just acknowledge you instead.

my comment was on topic. yet you seem to want to sit on my lap, like im santa. 2.0 liter mustang... no thanks. when i think mustang i think v8 power and rumble. im sure it would be a good seller for the looks and great gas mileage.

p.s. welcome to the internet and forums.

Slurved

Established Member
You can keep dreaming of of that 2.0 rumble while you pedal down the street on your Schwinn.....

Users who are viewing this thread