Whatcha Think?

mtrsprt

Established Member
Supercharged the 5.0.... Costs you MUCH less in the long run.... Shelbys are like Walmart now. They are a dime a dozen.

Zemedici

Established Member
Supercharged the 5.0.... Costs you MUCH less in the long run.... Shelbys are like Walmart now. They are a dime a dozen.

uhm, what? I'm not sure where you live, but I see 1 shelby a week maybe. If that.

I would go GT500 if it were me. Make better numbers, this magical thing called a warranty, etc etc. And with the MT-82 I would be careful boosting it without beefing up the drivetrain somewhat...

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
uhm, what? I'm not sure where you live, but I see 1 shelby a week maybe. If that.

I would go GT500 if it were me. Make better numbers, this magical thing called a warranty, etc etc. And with the MT-82 I would be careful boosting it without beefing up the drivetrain somewhat...

lol

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I would go for the gt with a paxton or tvs. The gt500 only handles a bit more power than the 5 liters. Lower the redline on the coyote to 6200rpm and you could get away with a lot of power just like the gt500. If you are going to leave it stock though go for the gt500.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
GT500...If your reason for not getting a GT500 is because its a dime a dozen, then a Mustang shouldn't be your car of choice lol

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
all depends if your going to take a loss on the gt. if you can afford a gt500 then by all means get one. the value will hold better over the years. I bounce this around my head all the time. but ive done so much to my car I cant just watch someone else drive away in it.

Get some 5.0

Established Member
Its a really hard decision!!! There is no way I would leave the gt500 stock!! Pullie and AED tune would be a must lol!!!! I have put a lot into my car, Lowered 2", Brembo brakes ect..... I am going to test drive a 2012 Gt500 Friday, we will just have to see!!!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You will probably like the gt-500... I went through the same decision process as you and i worked at a dealership that had at least ( 5 ) Gt-500 's at any any given time. from a Johnny Lightning 2008 with 500 miles on it and 750 hp Kenny bell s/c on it, to a perfect 2012 with the svt performance package with recaros. In the end it just wasn't cost effective! I decided i would make my own street monster!

Last edited:

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I would get a GT500.

They look nicer and don't need alot to put good numbers. Also 5.0 is just a regular mustang which are all over the place I would rather have something a little less common. More people would come over and check out a GT500 then a 5.0 mustang with a supercharger.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member

LIKE WALMART!?! :cuss: I can't take you seriously. They are pretty rare if you ask me.

5.0's are everywhere only cause I keep an eye out for them daily. Never do i hardly see a GT500. Last June I traded my perfectly badass sterling grey 11 5.0 with 8 grand in mods for a 12 GT500. Don't regret it. BUT for the price I'm paying now, I could have had a pretty sweet 5.0 that would be a GT500 killer!!!!

5.0's have a higher redline and high ass compression which makes them vulnerable when blown IMO. You never know when it will pop! Say that with a GT500

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
high compression only makes them vunerabe if you go crazy with the boost. but they seem to handle low boost without a problem. and thanks to the high compression the coyote makes the same or close to the same than a 5.4 gt500 on almost double the boost.
by the way the high compression fear is pretty much eliminated if you run it on corn fuel.

i do agree that the gt500 is more rare and will hold the value more.
i just like the coyote engine design better.

Angry50

Established Member
if it where me and i could afford it i would go GT500. but i cant even afford to add boost to my car lol. but i think starting with a higher base is always better then all the money you put into it will be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread