Whatever happened to the ricers?

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
still have rice in my area, agree to the VW being the new rice, along with 3 series BMW's.

damn, i've been gone a while. I didn't know the German scene was being slowly murdered. I think the last time I saw a giant wing, a mexican was driving it as well. I just don't think they realize it, seeing how their country is still 10+ years behind the curve. That and some of them have awful taste.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
still have rice in my area, agree to the VW being the new rice, along with 3 series BMW's.

Show me a picture of quality Bavarian Steel being abused in your area. Rice while meant to be Japanese, Korean, and other Asian made cars can be used to abuse great cars like the BMW 3 series.

I saw the big ass wing on the Cobra and thought, they are trying to sell this thing? Turns out Mustang guys like rice too, as long as it has a growl to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

4a7191a

Established Member
ive been working nights, but ill try... also.... :(

there is a white riced out lightning in my area, its every autozone trinkict known to man on it and maybe some stuff from walmart as well. also has huge letters that are at least 4' x 1' on the doors that say lightning. its quite sad, everytime i see it in my lightning i tell my truck, if you join the Vented block club thats your fate.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
ive been working nights, but ill try... also.... :(

there is a white riced out lightning in my area, its every autozone trinkict known to man on it and maybe some stuff from walmart as well. also has huge letters that are at least 4' x 1' on the doors that say lightning. its quite sad, everytime i see it in my lightning i tell my truck, if you join the Vented block club thats your fate.

The worse ever Mustang I had ever seen was in Clarksville, TN. I still kick myself for not taking pictures of it.

It had swamp or mud tires and lifted with the 4x4. The car was pained dark green, an older fox body. On the roof was mounted a 18 inch high and 4 foot long frog. I used to think about waiting until the guy came out of the store and murdering him and stuffing his body inside the frog.

flS/R

Established Member
there are quite a few which fill up the parking lot at Lowe's every week near me. I like taking my mustang there to hear them try to coax me into a race

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They're alive and well, unfortunately, up here. We live in-between New Haven, Hartford, Meriden and Waterbury. So no matter which direction we go in, there is plenty of rice. Most of the time I get a good laugh when I need it, so it's okay. Funniest car (I've seen it multiple times) is not an import. It a '90s Buick sedan with a hand made six foot wide spoiler contraption bolted onto the trunk. You see it and you eyes go :eek:. Sometimes a young kid maybe 17-18 drives it and other times an older woman in her 70s drives it. I'm guessing it his grandma and the car must be her's. Poor woman. LOL!.

Kubin-B

Established Member
They're all over the damn place here in Houston. 9/10 of 'em no habla the englès though, and I'd seriously question their legal status.......

This i very true and i would question there status as well. The real crappy part is they buy these things cash, there the ones all the kids I went to high school with used to drive ten years ago, and they dont carry insurance. They get drunk get out on the road and rear end other peoples nice cars like my buddies beamer, cool thing is he is a 5.0 so when the guy went to run he got a gun put in his face. this usually doesnt work out so well. they usually run and you get to flip the bill.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Yeah, I don't see nearly as much around where I live as I used to. What's left has been taken over by the Mexicans

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Theres one beat red Mitsu 3000 gt here in this small town where I live, seems the 3" ground clearance ricer bumper cover was too much responsibilty for the idiot.

The front bumper cover went from curbed checked, to peices missing off it, to completely gone. I wonder if it fell off while going down the road?

Now the car tools around with no front bumper cover for the last few months.

I've caught him out once when I was in my cobra. I slowed to let him pass, he slowed down wouldnt pass me. Slowed to 45 mph still wouldnt try to pass me.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Down here all the ricers are now "flush" this and "flush" that.

Drifters are the new ricers in my area. They are the ones drifting on the roads and wrecking and killing people.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
there are still a ton here in the SF Bay Area, I truly believe it started here too. Thats why you see videos in the Pics and Vids buffet from BAR (bay area racing), originally started in the south bay called the runs.
They were called the runs back in the 90's, which were dominated by ricers. You have a couple of v8s here and there and then you have the ricers from fully riced to an all motor, 1 seat, engine swapped, front drag radialed, integra/civic.
either way those are still around but the days of those cars beating stock v8s are over since that v8 crowd moved on to superchargers and turbo systems.

But alas, still plenty of rice in this area and did I love to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner in my ls2.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They eventually get faster cars. My neighbor had a nitrous duel exhaust caviler, now he has a 400hp trans am.

The best are cars like this prelude in my area. Non vtec with 3ft spoiler, black unpainted body kit on white body, 12k hid headlights/fogs, dual 6" exhaust cans... I don't like rippn on peoples taste but this one screams a little loudly for being an n/a non vtec.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They all grew up and got better cars or grew out of it altogether. All the remnants of rice are now just some old latino ladies dd cause they got it for cheap and its still a reliable econobox under the unpainted kit and spoiler.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
still alive and kicking here. Always a good laugh

Yes they are... unfortunatley... I'll be back in Oxford, MS in 2 weeks with the ole 5.0 to take a few out myself.

Of course when I was in Oxford 6 months ago I had a nice race with a 31 Ford coupe hot rod with a 355 olds engine. Didn't even expect to see that running around. If there isn't any nice cars running around town at night, I just race the rice... or cruise/ignore.

Maybe you've seen my car around town awhile back. It's nice to know I'm not the only person from Oxford on svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread