straight boostin
Established Member
kooy, i do i have alot of juiced46's videos and i have blwn03's vid

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
slicks+4.10s+N2o= 4th gear accelerating like 2nd in a BPU cobra :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
LOL... there must have been a few ricers surfing by...

So far everybody whom I've taken for a ride, including ricer friends, thinks the cobra is freakin fast. It's fine for everyday driving, but it's no where near a monster-level of a car. A monster-level to me is when 4th gear accelerates like 2nd gear in a BPU 03 cobra. Now that's friggin insane!

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
You have to love the times we live in now where a 500hp car is considered average.:)
I was thinking the same thing. With the new mustangs and Lightning coming out with that much power, thats insane.
My first quick car was a 94 trans am and I had half the power my stock Cobra does and I thought that was fast. Then I got my lightning and stock that was quick. I put a few bolt ons and then it had 400 at the wheels and that was FAST. Now I have the Cobra and it should have around that after the exhaust and I think it feels quicker cause your in a manual car and its lighter. But it is funny to look back and see how cars were produced, and look at them now.
:burnout: Shane

steve goddard

Established Member
I agree Shane. Twenty years ago my 350 hp camaro felt very fast. Today, the same exact car has a 555 hp motor in it and it doesn't really turn me on as much as the 350 hp motor did twenty years ago !
It's also kind of like sex. Once you've had a really good piece it's very hard to go back and be satisfied with an average sex !

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
It's like drugs.

You experiment with 370 rwhp, and you like it, so you up the dose with exhaust and cai and the new high is fun for a while, but now you're hooked and you want more.. A pulley, idlers, throttle body, chip.. Now you realize you're in the grip of a full (blown) addiction and there's nothing you can do to stop yourself. Your other half threatens divorce, you turn pale and thin, the kids never see you anymore because you spend all your time in front of the computer looking for that new, unknown mod to take you to the next level. When your car is at the dealer getting the seat-rub fixed you become irritible, bitchy and short tempered from the sudden HP withdrawl.

:)

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I agree the weight and irs negate a lot the power. A guy I know has a 408w in a 88 notchback, stripped, cage, auto, 150hp of n2o. Easy low 10.2 145 vehicle on et streets. Can pull the tire if he gets traction. Has ran a 9.96. Course compared to the late 60's early 70's these 03's kick arse all in the comfort of a/c etc. Who would have thought in 1975 76 this would happen? My 69 428 is lighter yet no way the power and comfort of the 03 with 281 ci. Oh yea, I can never have too much power even if I spun in 3rd at 75mph I'd be figuring out a way to get it to grip, thinking how much faster it would be.

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
What's 450 - 500RWHP to you?

At least another $1500 that I don't have. Anything above that=new engine.

When I'm done with my car, if I'm making any less than 700rwhp on the street, then something will be seriously wrong.

I voted decent.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by BuffDigits
Im at 500 Im a daily driver, its not enough.

I'm beginning to agree with you. I'm at nearly 400 RWHP and It feels average.

My new definition of insanely fast:

"When you can beat the snot out of a Corvette at half throttle."

Or better yet:

"When traction at all RPM's becomes a real problem."

:beer:

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I hope 500 rwhp will be enough for a daily driven street car. It's my ultimate goal for the 03, if it's still around when the warranty runs out.

I mean, 500 rwhp is ~575 flywheel hp (if my math is right, it's Saturday night and it's beer-thirty). That's 125hp per liter, which is WAY more than even a Ferrari 355 (apples to oranges I know, but it was touted as the highest output mill per liter at the time it was first manufactured). THAT'S pushing it, to me.

darksrt

Established Member
430rwhp is enough for me zipping around town in the cobra on friday and saturday nights. but if some punk kid with daddy's bolt-on SRT-10 viper wants to run for $500, i go home to my Supra and take his money...(Matt)

J15BIG

Established Member
well i use to think my 400rwhp was enough untill i took a ride in my friends srt-10 viper. now my car feels slow. i need a kb.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I think 500 is high for a daily driver, you gotta think, Pump gas, no having to have a full bottle of nitrious, always there 500 hp, I think thats prety good, now wether I want more, that's another question :lol:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Want your car to feel fast again? Just don't drive it for a long time.. It works :p

Hehe..

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
My red '03 Cobra dynoed at 456 RWHP. So does my white '90 LX notchback. Haven't drag stripped either, but I am told the '90 is faster due to weighing about 500 pounds less. Dropped 150 lbs. from my red Cobra with D&D front k members, coilovers and control arms. Power to weight ratio is the key to fast accleration! If I really wanted to go fast I would buy a Suzuki GXSR 1000!

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Will have to be fast enough, wife won't let me go faster. She hates the car because she says it pulls on her too much already. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread