Votes: 252 40.7%
  • Monster

Votes: 32 5.2%

• Total voters

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
I posted this reply earlier a few months ago on page one of this thread:

"...500+ is a good start and that's just where I am now. I've done the normal mods including the Apten, so now I'm considering just what it'll cost to go twin turbo or something else. It's kind od silly or sad cause it's just over 3 months old and I've almost run out of mods..."

Now after driving with 500+ RWHP it seems almost slow or normal to me. Not sure what I'll end up doing as future mods go but I am looking seriously at the new KB or maybe a twin turbo like I staed in my first post. It's a shame that 500+ RWHP is getting mundane and boring!!!

~ Fresh :burnout:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Fresh Cobra
It's a shame that 500+ RWHP is getting mundane and boring!!!

~ Fresh :burnout:

Yes it is. I have reconsidered my original post. I think this level of power is just average, not even descent now. I want a car that will accelerate in 4th gear as well as the present car in 2nd gear! Now that would be FAST!!! I think 850 RWHP would do the job quite nicely.

Pyro

Established Member
I thought 462 rwhp in my baby was enough. Now I feel that every baby needs a bottle and mine is thirsty.

paluka21

Established Member
After reading through this thread a few times, and thinking about what a 450-500rwhp car really is, I have came to this conclusion. Yes, I would say that this is an above average amount of power for a "street driven, almost daily driver." Granted, the 500rwhp may get old after a while, and will start to feel slow, because you get used to it. I got bored at 464rwhp, and pullied my procharger for 13psi, to 500+rwhp. The car definetly felt faster, but still got boring after a while.
Now, it seems that alot of people have the same idea that they feel that an impressive "street driven, daily driven" car that runs on pump gas, and can pass emissions, should pull in 4th gear, how a BPU'ed cobra pulls in 2nd gear.
With all this being said, I can imagine that it would take nearly 700+rwhp for an 03-04 cobra to pull like this. But, again, you would be sacrificing drivability, reliability, possibly emissions, and more than likely not able to run pure pump gas....at least at the track. And, if the car pulled in 4th gear, like it does in 2nd, there would be no traction past 100mph, so you wouldn't be able to use it anyways w/o sticky tires.
So my point being, is that, I agree, I would consider my car a beast, or monster if it pulled in 4th like it does in 2nd. But, I realize that I would have to give up alot of the reliability factors that I have now. So, with all this said, I think that is is possible to have a car like this ( ie: TT supras or TT RX7's ) but you don't see "too " many mustangs around like this on pump gas, and being reliable and "mild" driving. ( agressive cams ) And I have yet to hear about an 03-04 cobra around than can fall under this category..although I could be wrong.

Dan

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I'm stock except for a CAI and Catback and it isn't enough. I doubt a Pulley would cure anything either.....The power curve on these cars are so smooth it almost feels like nothing but they are fast as hell!

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I think anything over 450hp is a lot of hp for a street car. We are all into cars, but the average person isn't. The average car on the street has about 150-250hp. I'm at over 600rwhp and the car does not feel slow when I look in the rearview and see how fast other cars are falling back.

IMO 600rwhp is almost too much. I have a hard time getting traction and if I'm not careful, a better driven 450rwhp car will pull on me because I can't hook up.

I just like to be able to say I have a 600rwhp beast.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
this question has come up in many forms...

to me 500HP is just getting stared... but for some 500HP might be to much.

for me 800RWHP is just about my limit

Users who are viewing this thread