Whats Been Goin on in MY garage (mini build thread, tons of pics)

408-COUPE

Established Member
the rustang likes to find ways to get new parts. im switching from a C6 to a C4 for weight reasons, power loss through the transmission is much less, smaller etc.. also getting new headers (dont have them yet but ordering them next week) also getting rid of all the chrome crap in the engine bay, i hate chrome, so im switching as much as i can to black, plug wires, valve covers, fuel lines and fittings. in the next month or so ill be getting some aerospace brakes for the front, im getting tired of the no-stop ford factory ones. here are some pictures.

new tranny, old tranny
DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

new converter, old converter (new one is a little looser than the old, we will see how it works out with the nitrous and on motor, most likely will have to restall it)
DSC_0427.jpg

new flex plate, old one
DSC_0466.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

torqued down and ready to go
DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

got an aluminum driveshaft, its bigger and has the better u joints than the steel one i had, also the old one is shortened due to the extended length of the C6.
DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0465-1.jpg

also hid some wiring in the inner front fender.
DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

put a switch panel in and painted the gauge mount black, also put in a kirkey seat (passenger side is coming soon) i hate the look of the cheap plastic ones.
DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

got my valve covers in. waiting on my headers. im getting the black fuel lines, fittings. and spark plug wires next week.

DSC_0506-2.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

before
DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0511-1.jpg

after
DSC_0535-1.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

got my headers in the mail, along with fuel lines and fittings (most of them). gonna buy some new mufflers soon that will make it a little louder than it is.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

kinda hard to see but i will get some better pictures when it gets brighter
DSC_0071.jpg

UPDATE: got my headers on ( i am going manual brakes because of these darn things) so much frustration and sweat went into putting these on. and got my fuel lines on.

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0111-1.jpg

and a little open header video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egz2ADW1ctM"]YouTube - STartup[/ame]

408-COUPE

Established Member
thansks guys

love it.

specs on the 408?

its just a pump gas motor. AFR 205's. Vic Jr. Eagle rotating assembly. 850 Holley. custom Jay Allen Hyd. roller cam. (goin to a solid soon) its a nitrous motor.

here are some pics of the car

CarPictures096.jpg

cc13.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is a nice looking car. Sounds nice and health, too! I like what you've done under the hood as far as detailing. The only thing I would have done different was to do the valve cover letters a contrasting color like silver or "chrome". Looks much better than the black and red, though. Nice work! :beer:

M3xpress

Established Member
Sick.

You sir have my type of fox, a simple black coupe. The headers and the black valve covers look great.

408-COUPE

Established Member
That is a nice looking car. Sounds nice and health, too! I like what you've done under the hood as far as detailing. The only thing I would have done different was to do the valve cover letters a contrasting color like silver or "chrome". Looks much better than the black and red, though. Nice work! :beer:

thanks, and im thinking about that outlining too but i cant find a silver i really like so im gonna leave it like it is for now.

Sick.

You sir have my type of fox, a simple black coupe. The headers and the black valve covers look great.

i cant wait till i have the money to mess with my LX some more to do something like this!

thanks guys

What's it run on the bottle? and what size shot are you using?

its a 150 shot.....its been 10.1 @136 on the footbrake (couldnt get it to stall past 2000) so now with the different tranny, im also putting 3:73's in it (it has 3:55's now) it SHOULD do some 9.50's on the 150 pill. the 10.1 pass was on 93 pump gas and take out 7 degrees of timing :rolling: i will post videos when i get the new runs in.
so badass, i want a fox with a 408

oooooh. that's great, aha. i love it! cant wait to see more vids when it's done... :rockon:

Sick! Love the all business look of the motor

thanks gangstas

408-COUPE

Established Member
some updated stuff. car is completely done. should have some videos this weekend. got alot done today. made my seat bracket, got my tranny BACK in (had to pull it out because the converter bolts were rubbing on the starter block plate) the rest of the exhaust put on, sifter hooked up, new plug wires, new tranny pan. i have my nitrous regulator waiting on a Y block thats coming in thursday. bought a gas jug for race gas.
here are some pictures of the bracket i made for the seat and some of the other stuff.

DSC_0191-2.jpg

DSC_0199-2.jpg

DSC_0205-2.jpg

DSC_0213-1.jpg

DSC_0211-2.jpg

DSC_0215-1.jpg

DSC_0188-2.jpg

DSC_0186-2.jpg

DSC_0183-2.jpg

DSC_0181-2.jpg

DSC_0178-3.jpg

DSC_0176-2.jpg

DSC_0173-2.jpg

homer302

Banned
Car building skills....A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Picture taking skills...............ehhhh, not so much, LOL.

Great looking ride man. That is an awesome Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread