whats going to make me faster?

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
I am sure a whipple would make alot more power than your current set-up just because it would be so much more efficient but depending on the miles of your car and the hp you will be making I can't say that would be safe.. With the nitrous the other way would make more power but it would be a ticking time bomb.. I say go with the whipple but you might be joining the vented block club if your not careful either way you go, just less likely with the whipple. I want to see vids no matter what you do though.

SlowSVT

Established Member
What's safer? An overspun ported Eaton running nitrous vs. a Whipple @ 19 lbs. Dude, you are playing with forced induction. All it takes is a hiccup in your fuel system just when you can least afford it and say good bye to your engine:uh oh: I see no cooling mods on your list. If you wanna play safe start there (a Fluidyne rad, an Evenflo kit, an Even's thremostat housing and throw in a 26 pline input shaft would be a good place to start). LT's are not a very cost effective mod for the money in this car and that dough could be put to better use.

I think in the long run you would be happier with the Whipple. You're already maxed out on the Eaton where the Whipple is not even breaking a sweat. That could put you in the 700 hp club if need be :-D

just my .02

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
^^^ True and not true. I am well aware of the risks of both setups, but you have to pay to play. Overspun sure, but who cares. With the 2.93/4lb im not maxed, 2.65/4lb probably, 2.76/4lb perfect. I dont care im just wondering which setup would make more cause theres alot of people spraying these cars whith huge numbers in return. Especially in the torque department. Longtubes are definetly worth it imo, they would help dispence heat and lower my boost a couple of lbs, not to mention give me power through out the entire powerband. As far as cooling, drilled stock thermostat and the heat exchanger is good enough. The evenflo kit is very little insurance as people still melt with it already. And i do have a fidanza 4.3 26 spline clutch kit, just havent updated my sig. Just my .02 and thanks for the replys.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This is a very legitimate question and both options would provide excellent performance. In actuality, the Eaton with nitrous would in most cases provide more power than a Gen II at 19 lbs of boost. As far as durability in concerned, plenty of folks have run nitrous with ported Eaton's safely and efficiently for years with great results. A lot of it may depend on your finances since the Eaton setup will run you about $2,000 less than the Whipple. You'll need the same supporting mods for either choice.

THE PORTED/NITROUS EATON 10 SECOND CLUB:
NV2L8ULUZ..................9.83 @ 136.79 w/ 1.375 (Auto/SRA)
Clifford from Strictly.....10.01 @136.52 w/ 1.4? (Auto/IRS)
03flamedcobra.............10.02 @ 139.59 w/ 1.45 (6spd/SRA)
BADASS03SVT.............10.07 @ 136.86 w/ 1.46 (Auto/SRA)
JDM Engineering#1.......10.08 @ 136.?? w/ 1.5? (Auto/IRS)
CobraStruck................10.22 @ 134.70 w/ 1.55 (6spd/IRS)
VENOMOUS03COBRA.....10.30 @ 134.74 w/ 1.51 (6spd/IRS)
Sprayed Daily..............10.30 @ 133.63 w/ 1.38 (6spd/SRA)
JDM Engineering#2.......10.38 @ 134.?? w/ 1.5? (6spd/IRS) (No port!) (Vert!)
SonicVenum................10.50 @ 131.96 w/ 1.53 (6spd/SRA)
94-98Transam.............10.59 @ 125.00 w/ 1.51 (6spd/IRS) (No port!)
davidsk5018................10.59 @ 131.?? w/ 1.54 (6spd/IRS)
BLK_03.......................10.61 @ 134.27 w/ 1.60 (6spd/IRS)
Broke7.......................10.61 @ 132.00 w/ 1.54 (6spd/IRS)
SWEET94COBRA...........10.64 @ 132.64 w/ 1.60 (6spd/IRS) (Vert!)
Z-06 Killa....................10.66 @ 130.30 w/ 1.60 (6spd/SRA) (No port!)
Senkak.......................10.73 @ 129.49 w/ 1.62 (6spd/IRS) (Vert!)
96stanggt/Magoo.........10.71 @ 131.90 w/ 1.69 (6spd/IRS)
F8LBITE......................10.86 @ 126.20 w/ 1.71 (6spd/IRS) (No port!)
screamngdave.............10.88 @ 127.14 w/ 1.64 (6spd/IRS)
1slosnake...................10.89 @ 125.74 w/ 1.74 (6spd/IRS)
blownwhite03..............10.89 @ 128.60 w/ 1.68 (6spd/IRS)
truebluecobra..............10.98 @ 126.40 w/ 1.63 (6spd/IRS)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Overspun but who cares? Are you serious? You will care when that blower shoots out the top of your hood.

Um I don't think he would have that failure lol. Might get some bearings that would go out but other than that I don't think it would be catastrophic. Op just change your oil lol.

There's plenty of people now running that many rpm's with Eatons.

IronTerp

Um I don't think he would have that failure lol. Might get some bearings that would go out but other than that I don't think it would be catastrophic. Op just change your oil lol.

There's plenty of people now running that many rpm's with Eatons.
You know Brian, have you EVER heard of an Eaton blowing up???? Or even seizing up? Or wearing out and producing less than optimal performance?

They are extremely durable blowers......MUCH more so than twin screws. And many of us have proven that spinning the "piss" out of them can be very effective. That being said, the twin screw is certainly a more efficient unit and will get the job done with much less effort.

darkone19

Banned
The whipple will be safer and you will have 600rwhp on tap. When you look at the different pulley combos for the eaton you have to consider how aggressive of a tune you are going to run. 2.93/4 with a GOOD tune will pull hard. With the 2.76/4 you will have to bump down the timming a little because of all the heat. 100 shot ported eaton at 15-16psi will yank a whipple at 19psi.

IronTerp

The whipple will be safer and you will have 600rwhp on tap. When you look at the different pulley combos for the eaton you have to consider how aggressive of a tune you are going to run. 2.93/4 with a GOOD tune will pull hard. With the 2.76/4 you will have to bump down the timming a little because of all the heat. 100 shot ported eaton at 15-16psi will yank a whipple at 19psi.
Ummm, not exactly. I'm running a 2.93/6 lb combo at 25 degrees of timing with 101 octane on my race tune. Not having any problems with heat and generally gain 30+ RWHP on the big end. No nitrous however.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
whats faster and safer?

2.76/4lb steggy with 1 3/4 LT's plus a 100 shot and what ever is in my sig. Or whats in my sig, plus a gen II Whipple on 19lbs?

That's a tough question man. As far as faster, that's going to have to go the Ported/sprayed eaton. A ported/pullied Eaton with a 100 shot is probably going to make 20-50rwhp and 200rwtq more than a Whipple at 19lbs. As for safer, well there really isn't a good answer here. Regardless of what some F&F viewers might believe and pass on n2o is a very effective and safe form of power. With enough fuel and proper tuning there's no reason a nitrous motor won't make it just as long as the same motor without it. Without a doubt the Whipple is a more effecient and better blower, and to plays devils advocate you can always spray a nice shot on it too! :beer:

I am sure a whipple would make alot more power than your current set-up just because it would be so much more efficient but depending on the miles of your car and the hp you will be making I can't say that would be safe.. With the nitrous the other way would make more power but it would be a ticking time bomb.. I say go with the whipple but you might be joining the vented block club if your not careful either way you go, just less likely with the whipple. I want to see vids no matter what you do though.

Please don't post responses in a thread when you're not sure what you're talking about. Why would a car be a ticking time bomb with nitrous, and less so with a Whipple?

^^^ True and not true. I am well aware of the risks of both setups, but you have to pay to play. Overspun sure, but who cares. With the 2.93/4lb im not maxed, 2.65/4lb probably, 2.76/4lb perfect. I dont care im just wondering which setup would make more cause theres alot of people spraying these cars whith huge numbers in return. Especially in the torque department. Longtubes are definetly worth it imo, they would help dispence heat and lower my boost a couple of lbs, not to mention give me power through out the entire powerband. As far as cooling, drilled stock thermostat and the heat exchanger is good enough. The evenflo kit is very little insurance as people still melt with it already. And i do have a fidanza 4.3 26 spline clutch kit, just havent updated my sig. Just my .02 and thanks for the replys.

+1. 95% of the people that are going to tell you that you are overspinning the Eaton have never personally tried to spin theres any harder to even give a valid opinion. Same goes for L/T's being a worthwhile mod, people are going to try to push you away from them because they're heard that they're not worth the money but have no personal experience to back it up.

Overspun but who cares? Are you serious? You will care when that blower shoots out the top of your hood.

I know you just purchased your car recently and are new to the Terminator game. But that is the second retarded comment you have made like that, please don't post trying to give advice unless you know what the hell you are talking about.

You know Brian, have you EVER heard of an Eaton blowing up???? Or even seizing up? Or wearing out and producing less than optimal performance?

They are extremely durable blowers......MUCH more so than twin screws. And many of us have proven that spinning the "piss" out of them can be very effective. That being said, the twin screw is certainly a more efficient unit and will get the job done with much less effort.

+65000!!!!! :beer:

Not true, I run 23* of timing on pump gas with zero issues on my 2.65/4lb combo.

spartansnake

gamao kotes
Established Member
Unreal, thanks for the replys guys. I think i might just play around with my ported set-up for now. Add the 2.76 upper and maybe a small shot, but eventually i will go whipple. I will keep you guys posted. 96stanggt thanks for the backup-info and thats one stout set-up you have there. ciao.

Users who are viewing this thread