What's it worth...

00BlackGT

Established Member
I am in the hobby of buying "broken" cheap cars, and selling them at a little profit to make some side cash.

So I have an opportunity to buy a not so cheap (to me anyway) project and fix it and supposedly make a little if i can get it for the right price.

The car is a 2010 camaro with 1600 miles on it, and right now it has a blown motor (ls3 that blew head gaskets and eroded the aluminum behind the sleeves)

- callies rods
- callies crank (416" stroker)
- mahle pistons
- mast ls3 black label heads (provisions for 6-bolt heads)

and the machine shop that has the motor says everything is fine except the block (which i would wanna replace with an lsx block), I will deff. confirm this for myself.

The rest of the car contains the following,

- full pedders suspension
- strange 9" center section
- DSS 1000hp axles
- built tremec 6060 6-speed
- katech zr1 clutch
- f1a procharger
- 2" primary kooks headers

and the rest is all the supporting mods to make the 1100hp it was making.

so what would yall pay for it in this condition, and then what could i sell this thing for if i turn the boost down to run pump gas. Most importantly what would it cost (parts only) to put it back together with an lsx block.

I have some numbers in mind, what do yall think?

Blackness03

Established Member
That sounds like something you buy to keep not something I would flip unless you can get it for what its worth in parts or less. I'm thinking whatever you think it will cost to fix it, go ahead and double that number.

oldmodman

Established Member
Everything depends on the price. If all the numbers add up then jump on the deal.

But if it is even going to be close then stay away from it. You will ALWAY run into unexpected expenses during the process of getting it on the street again.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
That sounds like something you buy to keep not something I would flip unless you can get it for what its worth in parts or less. I'm thinking whatever you think it will cost to fix it, go ahead and double that number.

I agree with this. If it was a stock 2010 Camaro with a blown motor, you couldn't probably work with it. As it sits right now, this car appeals to a very small window of buyers. It's not something that is going to be easy to sell regardless of it being complete.

If you're looking for a project that you want to toy around with and have fun with, it could be a good buy. To flip, I think I'd stray away.

As far as what it's worth. It's worth what a 2010 Camaro with a blown motor is worth. Mods don't increase value.

Zemedici

Established Member
as stated above I wouldn't buy a car like that to flip. Anyone who's interested in the car will probably know the history of it and lowball the shit out of you.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
dont buy it to flip it. You will lose your ass and be holding onto it for a while. If there was a market the current owner would already be working on selling it himself.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
dont buy it to flip it. You will lose your ass and be holding onto it for a while. If there was a market the current owner would already be working on selling it himself.

00BlackGT

Established Member
unfortunatly, I think you guys are right and i really dont need another toy atm, so who wants to buy my 67' Mustang coupe lol.

Users who are viewing this thread