What's it worth?

Tyler06

Established Member
I am trying to gain some information on a 2003 Oxford White cobra coupe. It is an all original car with 20k miles. The car has some light bolt on mods such as a shifter, exhaust and lowering springs. The motor has never been touched on the car. Both exterior and interior are in perfect condition. I was wondering how much a car like this would be worth? The asking price is 27k, I am new to the terminator hunt so I do not know the prices of these cars to well. Thank you.

Last edited:

5.0stang95

Established Member
I just bought a stock 2003 DSG with 6,400 miles for $26,500. Everyone on here said it was not a steal but a good price.

Tyler06

Established Member
Thank you for the comments. That's what I have been finding out, between the 24-26 range. It's a beautiful car that's for sure. I just do not want to go in too deep.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I say 20k. Lol that's what I paid for mine in 2010 with 20k miles. Actually I paid 19,500.

Op, 27k is overpriced imo.

EDIT: Also there is a well known member on here that recently sold is 04 ow vert and it looks like the new owner is already selling it. 5,200 miles for 28k I believe.

Last edited:

Tyler06

Established Member
The car truly is beautiful, well taken care of with some tasteful mods. I mean it's a dream car of mine I just want to be good with the price.

cj428mach

Established Member
Its a little high but if its what you want and you have the cash buy it.

I paid 24,500 for mine 2.5 years ago from the original owner with 7500 miles. Prices have gone up some since then so id probably do 26ish for the same car.

Also keep in mind if the car is local, well documented, 1-2 owners that tends to be worth something.

badmpg03

Established Member
I think 27 is not a bad asking. Probably sell at $24-25K
Just bought '04 with similar mileage for $23K

dom418

Established Member
$27k is sub 5000 mile pricing. I think $23k is good but with him starting so high, it's doubtful he will go down $4,000. To me it makes me question how serious he is about selling.

For reference I sold my stock 04 coupe with 4,200 miles last year for $27k. I paid $27k for it with 2600 miles.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
27K is a little high, but the prices of the cars are going up. If you can get it for 25k I think you did alright.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
There are three cars on this thread with mileage at 6k miles or less that have sold recently or are priced $27-$28k. He is overpriced, but he might get that one buyer. . . eventually.

I've also noticed that there has been a slow but upward trend on these cars over the last few years, but right now, I'd say it is around $21-$23k for one with those miles, mild mods, and in great condition. Maybe $24k if it is the buyer's first color choice and he just has to have it.

Last edited:

Tyler06

Established Member
Yeah, he really wants to sell the car at 26500 I'd love to be around the 24 range but I do not think he is willing to move down that low.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
He won't sell it quick for $26,500 show up with 25k cash and offer 24.5 feel him out, also take into consideration if the car is local your not paying for transport, or flying out somewhere to drive back home.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
He won't sell it quick for $26,500 show up with 25k cash and offer 24.5 feel him out, also take into consideration if the car is local your not paying for transport, or flying out somewhere to drive back home.

I agree with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Yeah, he really wants to sell the car at 26500 I'd love to be around the 24 range but I do not think he is willing to move down that low.

Are you collecting cars? Thats really high price even if its a nice car. If you get one with a few more miles than that you will pay 20k. Its not even a one owner car or competition orange. He will sell it when it sits for a while with a bunch of people calling him offering 20k. Make your offer and let him sit on it for a few days. He might just drop it off at your driveway for you. I think 24000 is to much for that car and I just bought my cobra last summer with 41k miles and 22 grand in mods.

By the way most people keep these cars real clean and take care of them so it's not hard to find a good example. All three cars I looked at last summer were in great shape.

Keep shopping and make the drive to pick one up at a better price. The road trip to pick it up and bring it home is half the fun anyway
Check out hi end auto for 22k you can get a real nice car from them. He usually has 20 terminators to choose from as well

Last edited:

Tyler06

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys, looks like I'll be doing more shopping if he does not agree to my offer.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
Yeah, I'd only pay $24k for that car if white was the only color I'd want, and I didn't want to deal with looking elsewhere and pay for transportation or flights. Even at that price, I'd feel like I paid a premium for it. When I was looking a few years ago, I factored into the price of the car what it would cost to get it in my hands, and I wound up having a mini-vacation by going out to Florida and driving it home to Texas. I paid $20k for one with 23k miles in the color I wanted, and spent around $1500-$2k to go get it (could have paid half that just to transport it to me). Don't get me started, however, on what I've spent since. Better (MUCH BETTER) deals are out there. If you have $22-$24k to spend, you are in that sweet spot for these cars to get one in excellent condition with low miles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread