What's it worth?

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
You think 26 would be over paying?

For me, He@@ YEAH!, but white is not my top choice of colors either. If it was Sonic Blue. . . maybe (that's a big maybe too). For you, that is entirely up to you. Say you buy it and then decided a month later you want another car altogether (seen it happen), I think you'd find out quick what the market will show when you try to resell it for $26k. It's not insanely overpriced, so if you can live with it, go for it. Shoot, I've got $32k+ in my car so far, and I'm not done by a long shot, so what do I know, lol. I'd have been better off paying $25-$29k on a low mileage one with a Twinscrew and supporting mods already done. I am enjoying building it the way I want though.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
You think 26 would be over paying?

it does sound like in the current market 26 would be too high for 20k miles. but imo it is not so much about what the market says, it really about how you feel about the decision and how you will feel afterwards when you are actually driving it. its about how much you like this particular car, and what you are willing to pay for it.

and as others have said, there are other factors that don't sometimes come up, but can go a long way about feeling good about the price you pay. things that can't really be quantified for anyone else but you, like coupe/vert, color, and history. for example, are you sure the car has never been pullied or tuned? i've always thought that goes a long way because you know the terminator motor has always been fat and happy, and personally i would feel better about paying more for something like that.

money and "getting a deal" or "getting screwed over" is not always everything with emotional purchases such as this. best of luck with your search :beer:

Tyler06

Established Member
The cobra car is definitely something I've always wanted that's for sure. Coupe is what I'd want and the color of my choice would be CO, SB, OR DSG but after seeing the white on the car I do like how it looks. It does give the car a very clean look IMO. From what I have researched and the info I gathered from this thread, I believe it is probably better to do some more shopping.

I just don't want to pass on a car that has light mods and engine wise has never been touched! That's the thing I do not want to miss out on but I know they are out there that's for sure.

Mbiro594

Established Member
Sounds like you are in love with the car already, if there was a similar cobra to that in mystichrome(my favorite), I would try and haggle but at the end of the day it would be money well spent at his asking price.

If you want it and that's your dream set up, just do it and start enjoying your new cobra.

I spent 26,700 on my 2004 cobra with 13k miles about two weeks ago and consider it a steal. I've always wanted a Terminator and the smile I get each time I walk to my car is worth the perceived premium.

Last edited:

Greasy7stang

Established Member
i think 27k is steep somewhat.... i think 24k is the number id stay around
25k if u really love it
but thats me
these cars seem to move well on here but on ebay and others they don't seem to bring the money
that member that got the 6k mile one for 26,500
that was a deal man

Users who are viewing this thread