What's my car worth?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The problem with selling it hurt is that the buyer has to assume worst case and has to go through the time and hassle to fix it. Only you know what a fair price would be for you not to go though fixing it versus making it someone else's problem.

50stangpower

Established Member
Lol @ 100k car for 15k. My buddy just bought a vert with 80k for $12,400. There are plenty out there. Not sure why everyone on this site thinks because they post here there car is more valuable.

Zemedici

Established Member
Lol @ 100k car for 15k. My buddy just bought a vert with 80k for $12,400. There are plenty out there. Not sure why everyone on this site thinks because they post here there car is more valuable.

Because the people on this website are enthusiasts and USUALLY take better care of their cars then Joe Schmo, know the market better than Joe Schmo, and understand the cars better. Get what you pay for normally. I sold my 04 with 110k for 17,5. However, it was mechanically perfect, stock motor, all motor craft parts, so it was well worth it.

That being Said, op as stated above I'd get it fixed and sell it for what it's truly worth. It's worth $2k to make $4k isn't it?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

Give us some details - private party or dealer? Clean title\accident free history?

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
So because someone gets the best deal possible means they all should be that price? I know some of the prices on here are high but that is quite low. The value of something is what someone will pay for it and I see people all the time on here pay prices that are close to what has been suggested in this thread, a lot more often then what your friend just payed.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Aluminum heads won't like that much heat. You might have warped heads too. Like others said I would definetly fix it first. As a buyer, I would want a full motor rebuilt discounted in before I got the cash out because that is a possibility. Hopefully not for your sake but just as a buyer that's where I'd be at. Weather it would sell for that is another story but personally I wouldn't risk it if I was on the buying end

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
So because someone gets the best deal possible means they all should be that price? I know some of the prices on here are high but that is quite low. The value of something is what someone will pay for it and I see people all the time on here pay prices that are close to what has been suggested in this thread, a lot more often then what your friend just payed.

Condition is king, even over miles. I can guarantee that's why Zemedici got the money he did for his old car and why people get high dollar for some cars and have trouble selling others. Pictures can only tell you so much. There's likely more to why that guy only paid 12k, or the person selling it was in financial trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread