whats the best CAI?

jack_feenix

Established Member
i know a lot of this will have to do with personal preference but i just wanted to know what cai is the best is there a specific brand that out does the rest it seems every brand out there claims they can out do the competion just wanted real world results/experience frm people before i buy one. Thanks for the info

here is all the mods i got allready so that way i dont get advice to get things i might have:

magnaflows comp street cats
gt 500, 2010 rims black
nitto 555 9.5f 10r
barton short throw shifter on the way

Last edited:

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
No, they're all pretty much the same. The Steeda is constructed out of better materials, but it costs more and still does the same basic job that the plastic ones do. I don't think any one is leaps and bounds better than the others.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We sell the Airaid which is available in plastic.

We also have the JLT which is available in plastic, painted, or carbon fiber.

The painted can be paint matched to your vehicle.

jack_feenix

Established Member
We sell the Airaid which is available in plastic.

We also have the JLT which is available in plastic, painted, or carbon fiber.

The painted can be paint matched to your vehicle.

Cool thanks for the info about to go with jlt or air raid since its the cheapest ive seen and a good ole canned bama toon since i cant afford to get it dynoed and custom tuned and im in the middle of bum **** and lifes over, so i dont know of any good shops near me.

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
The stock one in your car with a drop in filter.

+1 I say save for a cat back. The factory exhaust is rediculous and should be the first thing changed IMO.

If you really have to get a CAI, skip the C&L. Everything in the kit is top notch except the heat shield, which is by far the worst one of all the kits.

djclark

Established Member
Check the classifieds. You might be able to pick up a CAI cheap. I recently picked up a Steeda CAI and GT500 Axle backs for $320 picked up.

JerryC

Established Member
If you are going to get a CAI, get a JLT. Tucker is an avid supporter and poster of this forum. He stands behind his products.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
+1 I say save for a cat back. The factory exhaust is rediculous and should be the first thing changed IMO.

If you really have to get a CAI, skip the C&L. Everything in the kit is top notch except the heat shield, which is by far the worst one of all the kits.
I agree the exhaust has been proven to be the restriction

That's my vote. It's really the only true CAI as all the others still suck in hot air around the heat shield.
As of right now it seems that saving money an putting it in parts that have the restriction like the exhaust 1st

:lol1:

Maybe you should be more concerned on the tune as opposed to the CAI. There are far better choices.

I would agree he should get an AED tune he lives in ca according to his info

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I received an E-mail blast from Steeda touting their Custom Cai for the 5.0 today. They described and then tested it against the popular "J" model. Well you can guess which one came out on top of "their" test. An interesting read, ck. it out at Steeda.com Interested to hear what Jay from JLT, David from Air Raid, and C/L etc. think ....

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I received an E-mail blast from Steeda touting their Custom Cai for the 5.0 today. They described and then tested it against the popular "J" model. Well you can guess which one came out on top of "their" test. An interesting read, ck. it out at Steeda.com Interested to hear what Jay from JLT, David from Air Raid, and C/L etc. think ....

I seem to remember American Muscle dyno testing three of the big ones(Steeda, C&L and I think JLT) and they concluded that functionally, there isn't much difference between the three.

I'm somewhat skeptical of vendors that claim their product is the best using supposed "unbiased" testing.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Go with the stocker and get exhaust. You'll see the most gains from
This plan of attack!

jack_feenix

Established Member
Go with the stocker and get exhaust. You'll see the most gains from
This plan of attack!

thanks i got cats allready they sound nice but damn magnaflows drone pretty ridiculous, i holding off on longtubes and h or x pipes for now since i might my work might send me to one of those high emissions states and since this is my dd passing smog is crucial. so im trying to mess with simple bolt ons for now that dont effect emissions or that are easy enough for a novice with many tools to take off if necessary.

jack_feenix

Established Member

As of right now it seems that saving money an putting it in parts that have the restriction like the exhaust 1st

how do i go about getting a tune frm cali i sure as hell wont drive out there and drop mad loot and drive back for one? can i buy it frm a website im new to the car mod world this is the first car ive ever had over 200hp and brand new.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
how do i go about getting a tune frm cali i sure as hell wont drive out there and drop mad loot and drive back for one? can i buy it frm a website im new to the car mod world this is the first car ive ever had over 200hp and brand new.

Contact shaun at AED 1-916-715-7569. He does mail order tuning too.

jack_feenix

Established Member

need to update that lol im in el paso now

Users who are viewing this thread