what's the best hooking street tire ??

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
non drag radial for my daily driver ??

My Michelins have been good but need to be replaced soon so I'm wondering which to go with next.

I have a 18 X 10 Saleen replica rears. What size will be best also ? I've read 295/35 will have the largest contact patch but concerned about different brands varying in width.

how about some BFG TA KD's ?
or Goodyear F1 GSD3's ?

or back to a new set of Michelin Pilot sports ?

thanks guys :rockon:

Fat-cat

Established Member
Get a set of Nitto 555Rs there is not such thing as a good hooking street tire. If you plan on driving the car hard in the corners or taking it to autocross on your street tires get the NT05's stiff side wall but similar compound to the DR's. The nitto is the best all around tire you can buy. If you want straight line hook that can handle some bad weather ( rain ) The new MT's are the shit i love mine.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
Get a set of Nitto 555Rs there is not such thing as a good hooking street tire. If you plan on driving the car hard in the corners or taking it to autocross on your street tires get the NT05's stiff side wall but similar compound to the DR's. The nitto is the best all around tire you can buy. If you want straight line hook that can handle some bad weather ( rain ) The new MT's are the shit i love mine.

well in the realm of street tires there has to be one that has the best traction.

which MT tires are you talking about ?

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have been using the GS-D3's and they hook very well.

I have also heard good things about the NT05's as well.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Subscribing, but through my experiece, I ran Nitto Drs for my pullied car, and Nitto 555s (street version) out back on road trips...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Hey bro,
The 555R's last longer than the BFG DR's but obviously not as long as a reg tire. No drag radial will last too long because of the soft compound but the nittos last the longest of the DR's from what ive heard...

Ive run them on a couple cars in the past. They hook pretty good and arent too bad in the rain.

Did you ever get the 285's on the rear?

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
will 315 30 18 Pirelli's fit a 18x10 rim OK ???????

hoping the above set up will look like (sidewall bulge) my current 275 35 18 Pirelli's on the 18x9 fronts ???

anyone have any experience or luck with P-Zero Rosso's ?

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Vredestein Sessantas are a good street tire IMO. They last me about a year or 12,000 miles of DD. When I want a good launch on the street, they do they job very well.

Jefe

Established Member
I need some tires that will last a decent amount. So I'm leary of the NT05's :shrug:
Whats a decent amount to you? I have 7500 miles on mine and could probably make it to 10k

Your best bet is NT05s for fun street driving or the KDW2's for longer use. Any street tire after a few thousand miles turns into a rock and then wheel hop becomes a problem . Im putting Falken Azenis Rt615s on tomorrow. JROC got 18k miles out of his set....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread