• STEEDA

Votes: 22 10.8%
  • OTHER

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
A customer came by the other day with the B&M Pro Ripper and although it looks funny because it's so tall, it's the first shifter I've seen that actually gets the handle close enough to the driver for my preferences. I installed one yesterday and absolutely love it, because I don't have to adjust the seat forward til my knees are on the dash anymore. Also very nice quality and comes with a stud kit.

The MGW is a beautifully made shifter and probably the most precise out there but if your issue is getting it closer, it will not help. The orange handle is a bit closer than stock but it's lower, negating most any reach improvement.

As far as the 2-3 shift, I've always just pushed straight forward and not had an issue with any shifter.

Lol haha I convinced you huh...so you know my opinion B&M FTW!!! I love the way it feels when power shifting!!! :rockon:

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
How's it going in California? I had the pro 5.0 but have the mgw now and like it a lot better. But.............. i have a fiore quadrant, firewall adjuster and LDC free play kit. It still shifts like $hit when I shift with high RPMS> It's like I can't pull it out of gear when its reved up past 6500. Been reading about changing to syncromesh instead of the amsoil synthetic. Sorry for rambeling, it happens when you get old. Had both for 4000 miles and the MGW is hands down better for me. How's that 3.4 running? Gene[/QUO

Does this answer your question? P.S. Hi buddy, long time no here? How is your baby ( car that is?)?

SONICCOBRA002.jpg

SONICCOBRA003.jpg

Last edited:

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Anyone have any experience with the Hurst Billet/Plus shifter for our cars? I haven't heard a mention of it yet.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
A customer came by the other day with the B&M Pro Ripper and although it looks funny because it's so tall, it's the first shifter I've seen that actually gets the handle close enough to the driver for my preferences. I installed one yesterday and absolutely love it, because I don't have to adjust the seat forward til my knees are on the dash anymore. Also very nice quality and comes with a stud kit.

The MGW is a beautifully made shifter and probably the most precise out there but if your issue is getting it closer, it will not help. The orange handle is a bit closer than stock but it's lower, negating most any reach improvement.

As far as the 2-3 shift, I've always just pushed straight forward and not had an issue with any shifter.

I would also love to see a photo of how this B&M looks inside the car. If it doesn't look too goofy, i think this would be great. The idea of possibly having a shifter in the same area code of my seat makes me smile.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol haha I convinced you huh...
Hell yeah... it's like a different car :burnout:
Anyone have any experience with the Hurst Billet/Plus shifter for our cars?
Actually my buddy (SCT2003) has a Hurst shifter in his Terminator and it is similar to the B&M in that it is tall and the throws a bit longer than most short throws. It feels pretty good to drive but then again it is still too far forward for my liking. I'll try to post a pic of the Pro Ripper when I get a chance.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I use a pro 5.0 and love it. I would like to try the mgw but do not want to buy one to try it.

Do what I did. Find someone in your area that has one and ask them to let you sit in their car and run through the gears. If they are nice they will let you take it for a ride even.

I lucked out at a show and got to try out several before I settled on the 5.0 when I bought one for my 95.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
had a pro 5.0...it was ok.......went to a MGW and the pro 50 doesnt even come close to being as good as the mgw...mgw is worth the money

My94GT

Established Member
i had a tri ax on my t5 but after rowing through the gears in my buddies car with the mgw i figured id give it a shot with the tko.

ive driven cars with the b&m and its notchy but not too shabby, power shifters like a breeze, the pro 5.0 is nice too but i think it needs to be a bit taller. the tri ax is a tad notchy too.

Users who are viewing this thread