Votes: 24 11.8%
  • STEEDA

Votes: 22 10.8%
  • OTHER

Votes: 10 4.9%

• Total voters

f2hatch

Established Member
I voted for Steeda. Thats what i had and sold to get a my MGW shifter. I should of just saved my money it's way over rated the way people love this shifter. It's no better than my Steeda or B&M IMO.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I vote MGW. went from pro 5.0 to the mgw and liked the difference. I say its worth the money because I sold the pro 5.0 quickly. so that made up for a little of the cost.

don't get me wrong..the difference didn't make me wanna slap my grandma but I'm happy with it.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
I like my MGW, but my problem with it is the 3-4 shift. It sometimes wants to wander back towards 2nd instead of 4th. But its a nice piece, to be sure.

spinscan

Established Member
I had a triax and got the MGW as a gift a few years ago. They're both pretty close imo with the MGW getting a slight edge.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I hate the notchy feel of short throw's so i stick to the stock shifter! I can also shift fast enough with my stock one so i find no need for a aftermarket one.:beer:

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I had a Tri-Ax in my first Terminator and ive had the MGW Orange in my last couple of cars and love them,The Tri-Ax wasnt bad but it was a little to notchy for my liking.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I've had both the Steeda and MGW in my car. The Steeda was great and I've always loved their products, but I would sometimes have issues hitting third when shifting hard and fast. No issues with the MGW. Even when when pushing the car the shifter goes right into all the gears. "Like butter" as people like to say. I would say that if you had the Steeda, keep it. It is a great product with few issues. If you don't, go MGW...high quality, great design, easy shifting...I wouldn't put anything else in my car.

Steve2050

Established Member
I don't have experience with anything other than the stock and MGW. I feel a vast improvement with the MGW shifter.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Had a pro 5.0 for my 95's T5. Shifted great. I'm unsure if I'm going to put a shifter in this car, but if I do I think I'd try either Steeda or MGW.

ditchsnake

Established Member
hey nitros

How's it going in California? I had the pro 5.0 but have the mgw now and like it a lot better. But.............. i have a fiore quadrant, firewall adjuster and LDC free play kit. It still shifts like $hit when I shift with high RPMS> It's like I can't pull it out of gear when its reved up past 6500. Been reading about changing to syncromesh instead of the amsoil synthetic. Sorry for rambeling, it happens when you get old. Had both for 4000 miles and the MGW is hands down better for me. How's that 3.4 running? Gene

KILRSVT

Established Member
If I knew the Pro 5.0 shifted as good as my old Fox body I'd sell my MGW asap. 2nd to 3rd was literally just straightening out your arm. No worries about missing 3rd just push as hard and as fast as I could. Made for one fast powershift.:rockon:

+1 i like my pro 50.. never miss 2nd to 3rd.

Jroc

Established Member
I prefer Tri-Ax's and Pro 5.0's to MGW's, but to each their own.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have an MGW in my 04 and a pro5.0 in my 95. will likely keep them that way as I like them both.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I had the MGW in my ZY(blue handle). Well worth the money over the stock shifter. Plus MGW is a local company to my hometown, and George(one of the owners) is a cool guy, and even installed mine for me. I don't know about any of the others, and some people might prefer something other than the MGW, but I promise the quality of the MGW is second to none.

Users who are viewing this thread