Whats the cheapest way to go e85?

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
I have ID1000s with a VMP BAP. Whats the most cost effective way to go e85 with the power Im making? Really like to squeeze as much HP I can out of this setup. Im probably gonna go back to the 82mm pulley and spray a 50-75 shot in it. E85 would be alot safer and a hell of alot cheaper than 100oct. Any ideas?

Angry50

Established Member
not sure how taxed your fuel system is but i think you can go e85 with just a tune. if your fuel system is on the edge then you might have to go with an upgraded fuel system. if you have a local tuner id talk with them to get a better idea. but with the setup you have id just go ahead and get a full return style setup.

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Do a stand alone fuel system for the nos and run meth in that system. Over jet the fuel side and the ecu will pull the pump gas out

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I have ID1000s with a VMP BAP. Whats the most cost effective way to go e85 with the power Im making? Really like to squeeze as much HP I can out of this setup. Im probably gonna go back to the 82mm pulley and spray a 50-75 shot in it. E85 would be alot safer and a hell of alot cheaper than 100oct. Any ideas?
Did you talk with Justin I am running E85 now. I heard the best upgrade is the JPC Budget fuel sys which some one already said. I am running a 79 mm and I am seeing 24* to 25* timing. E85 is much safer. I might upgrade to the JPC system in the fall now I am just enjoying the ride.

corepwn

Established Member
The BAP is really just a band aid and they seem to fry pumps eventually anyway. Go with a return system if you want to go for moderate/high power.

justinsstang

Established Member

twistedneck

Established Member
Did you talk with Justin I am running E85 now. I heard the best upgrade is the JPC Budget fuel sys which some one already said. I am running a 79 mm and I am seeing 24* to 25* timing. E85 is much safer. I might upgrade to the JPC system in the fall now I am just enjoying the ride.

Zona, can you explain why you think E85 is safer? I ask because we always run the engine so much more maxed out on E85 with the boost headroom, resistance to detonation, etc.. so that when we are done its making 20% more HP - at that point is it really safer?

justinsstang

Established Member
Anyone ran the on3 return system yet? Two 320lph pumps in a triple hat. Probably aeromotive pumps rebadged to on3. Only thing that sucks at first glance is you have to run it with an aftermarket fuel rail (idiotic).

burke985

Established Member
When is the last time you heard of a BAP frying someones fuel pump. I ran a Kenne Belle on my car for 2+ years with no issues on the 47lb injectors. BAP is not the correct way but its effective if you dont wanna do it the right way upgrade the fuel pump. I just recently removed it because i finally got me a set of ID 1000 and didnt need it anymore. The budget fuel system ill probably do one day but nothing wrong with running a BAP.

Riptide

Established Member
I'm sure it happens but it's not a common thing. Even then you don't really know if it was the pump that just flat failed or if the BAP really killed it or not. Pumps can break on their own too.

Maybe I'm a scaredy cat but if a BAP + ID1000 setup will get you 650 I wouldn't go any further than that without building the engine anyway.

cjd223

Established Member
I'm sure it happens but it's not a common thing. Even then you don't really know if it was the pump that just flat failed or if the BAP really killed it or not. Pumps can break on their own too.

Maybe I'm a scaredy cat but if a BAP + ID1000 setup will get you 650 I wouldn't go any further than that without building the engine anyway.
+1 Anything past 650 and you are living on borrowed time. I have no desire to stick a rod out my block. That might be a little hard to get covered under the factory warranty.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
if you actually log yoru f/p on e85 with a power adder, you will see that the pressure drops quite a large amount on the bap.

the larger id1000s help maintain the a/f, but not the optimal way to go. our stage 1 e85 system is one of the most popular items we sell for power adder guys

92fiveohfox

Established Member
if you actually log yoru f/p on e85 with a power adder, you will see that the pressure drops quite a large amount on the bap.

the larger id1000s help maintain the a/f, but not the optimal way to go. our stage 1 e85 system is one of the most popular items we sell for power adder guys

This is true. Having said that I do run a Bap and e85.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Zona, can you explain why you think E85 is safer? I ask because we always run the engine so much more maxed out on E85 with the boost headroom, resistance to detonation, etc.. so that when we are done its making 20% more HP - at that point is it really safer?

I think "safer" is a relative term. I meant it is safer because it is more stable and less likely to have a detonation problem. It seems a lot of the motors that are blown are due to detonation problems. Granted when hitting high HP on a stock motor who knows?

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
+1 Anything past 650 and you are living on borrowed time. I have no desire to stick a rod out my block. That might be a little hard to get covered under the factory warranty.
Once you add the supercharger/turbo the warranty is pretty much gone anyway so hopefully you know the risk when building up your motor

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread