Whats the fastest factory chassis Mustang?

Jroc

Established Member
I've kind of wondered this for a while. Ofcourse it can and I'm sure will be pretty highly modded, but I'm not talking about some tube chassis car with body panels that only somewhat resemble a Mustang.

So does anyone know which stock chassis Mustang is the fastest?

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Im sure its fast...prob in the 7s...pretty cool car whatever it is Im sure

tistan

Established Member
It really depends on what you call a stock chassis. The way the op described it could be a back halfed car because you still have all the stock body panels. When I think of stock chassi, I think stock control arm locations and stock k member.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
It really depends on what you call a stock chassis. The way the op described it could be a back halfed car because you still have all the stock body panels. When I think of stock chassi, I think stock control arm locations and stock k member.

true....in your case that would be stock suspension. k-member is usually replaced. if your not going to allow that to be replaced then you should use stock control arms, shocks etc.

Im thinking the OP means stock bodied as in unaltered body. so stock panels, interior, stock suspension etc. no mini tubbing, back halfed, tube chassis cars. like a super fast "street car".

OP...can you elaborate what yourlooking for?

turbodango

Established Member
Lots of cars have aftermarket K-members. Unibody to be is no cutting/welding on frame other than a mini-tub if needed. No full tubs in back.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I would have to personally say the early foxbody 4 banger coupes (notchbacks) converted to a stroked 347 or carbed 460 BB and the LX 5.0 coupes. The reason is the power to weight ratio that you can get out of them is absolutely amazing. These cars usually weigh in the sub 3000lb area. Of course, if you don't have some rear suspension work done, it won't amount to a hill of beans when high horsepower is applied due to breakage and/or wheel spin.

Jroc

Established Member
true....in your case that would be stock suspension. k-member is usually replaced. if your not going to allow that to be replaced then you should use stock control arms, shocks etc.

Im thinking the OP means stock bodied as in unaltered body. so stock panels, interior, stock suspension etc. no mini tubbing, back halfed, tube chassis cars. like a super fast "street car".

OP...can you elaborate what yourlooking for?

Yeah I mean stock control arm mounting points, or atleast not a tubed out back half of the chassis. K-memebers don't usually require a bunch of cutting, welding, and modding to the chassis so any k-member is fine.

Maybe a suspension setup similar to this.
1979-1998 Ford Mustang Pro Extreme Duty Rear Suspension Kit - UPR Products

1979-1993 Ford Mustang Tubular Chrome Moly K Member Kit - UPR Products

Ofcourse any tires are fine, or any vehicle weight, or any kind of extra bracing added onto the chassis just as long as they are still using the factory chassis, and the rear of it isn't tubed out. How about as long as its geometry is close to stock.(Yes I know that k-members and control arms can improve on the car geometry, but y'all are smart enough to know what I'm trying to say)

king cobra 2003

Fast!!
Established Member
As already mentioned id assume well into the 7's.

Ex: fully gutted fox, full front/rear suspension, tq boxes, subframes, etc.....427ci w/ a 100+ mm turbo on race gas w/ a powerglide trans. Prolly put down 1400rwhp, weigh about 2500 w/o driver.

Users who are viewing this thread