Whats with the prices of gt500's??

MustangJim21

Established Member
I was just shocked at the low prices they were going for is all. With a name like shelby attached to it I thought the value might have held a little better.

Yeah. I often what will happen, if anything to the values of GT500s when Mr. Shelby passes.

When you get a chance, post some pictures of the new car for us to drool over:beer:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
congrats on the new car, sounds nice.

not trying to badmouth the mystichrome color but its far from rare, take a look

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra

Black=820
Oxford White=316
Torch Red=477
Silver Met.=551
Redfire=509
Screaming Yellow=299
Comp. Orange=281
Mystichrome=515

Total=3768

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible

Black=392
Oxford White=128
Torch Red=167
Silver Met.=266
Redfire=209
Screaming Yellow=167
Comp. Orange=72
Mystichrome=495

Total=1896

Overall 2004 Cobra Units Produced: 5664
Overall 2004 Cobra Coupe Units Produced: 3768
Overall 2004 Cobra Convertible Units Produced: 1896
Overall 2004 Mystichrome Cobra's Produced: 1010

Wonder what the total units of oxford white 04 verts left on the road currently are.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Just wondering what the point of your thread is? Do you think GT500s should be selling for more simply because you paid more for your car than it is worth?

How do figure he paid more than the car is worth? You definitely can't go by what they go for on a forum such as this for comparison because you will always get more for any particular car than you will on an enthusiast board. For example, when I sold my FF '65 Cobra replica, they were selling in the $22-$30k range on the FF "enthusiast" site I belonged to. I threw mine on ebay, and it was gone in 4 days at $55k. This guy bought what was essentially a brand new, old car for maybe $5-$6k more than the ones with 50-60k miles on them are selling for, so how again is it that he overpaid?:??:

zeusha

Established Member
Most of the ridiculous price of the 500's seem to just be the Shelby name. Not much for resale value.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I had never bought a new car and never had a Ford before I bought mine new in 03. It had to be pretty special to get me to buy it new. I think the current prices reflect that it was and still is a very special car.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
What would a gt500 with 1600 miles go for?? A long way from $30k & probably over $45 or so

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
How do figure he paid more than the car is worth? You definitely can't go by what they go for on a forum such as this for comparison because you will always get more for any particular car than you will on an enthusiast board. For example, when I sold my FF '65 Cobra replica, they were selling in the $22-$30k range on the FF "enthusiast" site I belonged to. I threw mine on ebay, and it was gone in 4 days at $55k. This guy bought what was essentially a brand new, old car for maybe $5-$6k more than the ones with 50-60k miles on them are selling for, so how again is it that he overpaid?:??:

Brian nailed it here.

MustangJim21

Established Member

I guess I fail to follow your logic. I know we are on SVTP where everyone thinks The 03/04 Cobras are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but come on $32k for a 2004 Mustang...GTFO.

To me, I could care less if someone spent ten times that amount on the same car since anyone can spend their hard earned money how they see fit. Just because someone pays more than the fair market value for a given item, does not increase its worth. :bash:

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
$32K seems fair for a car that has 1,600 miles, that will go down in history. If your in the market for MC,CO,SB your going to pay for it, that's a fact.

The problem with the GT500s is that they have almost become a production vehicle with constant upgrades with the next year models. Everyone keeps dumping them for the next best thing and I can't blame them, but that's what is killing their value. Soon you'll be able to pick up a decent milage 07' GT500 in the low $20s

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread