We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
This is all I think of when I see a trex
giphy.gif

C69q.gif

ArabianOak

Established Member
Didnt know they still made those. Lighter weight and 50 more hp is pretty cool. Do they have a reverse gear in the transmission?

it’s a mechanical reverse. I don’t think it’s part of the trans. I’m gonna find out. The old one used bmw’s highly flawed reverse. I lost reverse a few times on my old one. But it came back. lol.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Just wanted to pop in and give an update on the new rex.

I have about 200 miles on her now. First off, this thing is MUCH faster than the old model I had (16SP with bmw motorcycle engine). When I say much faster I mean it feels twice as fast. It's so fast you would be asking yourself if it could even be any faster without sacrificing the chassis etc. The Kawasaki ZX14 motor/trans/electronics are sooooo much better of a combo than the BMW crap. I can't think of even one negative compared to the bmw. Maintenance, reliability etc.

I am going to dragy this thing once the ground is warmer. It spins pretty easily but it's mid 40's low 50's here. My guess is mid 10's near 130mph. Since your sitting an inch off the ground it feels really really fast.

From a performance perspective I am very happy!

The lighter weight is very noticeable but it does feel like you sacrificed a little bit of size somewhere. I think it feels smaller but I have not confirmed that. The new dash is excellent and so are the kawasaki modes/info center.

Negatives...well, I don't know if mine was built on a friday but my throttle cable was sticking which is VERY scary to deal with. Campagna overnighted a new cable and come to find out whoever installed the old cable used 9 zip ties to hold it down instead of the factory required 3.

My steering wheel is off center but the alignment is perfect. This will be fixed in the next few days.

My gas cap got stuck and I could not get gas. They sent a new cap and paid my emergency mechanic bill. Apparently the gas caps on ALL of them are faulty. I did get a new design one and it's flawless so far.

Pretty annoying things but expected from a manufacturer who builds very low numbers of these.

Overall I am very happy and can't wait to put more miles on this thing. Such a crazy experience that I love to enjoy. More pics...

172_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Yj6yc8uToDcAX-tNk_d&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

960_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1j_-qL078C4AX8WbW_V&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQnV7ENoD26Z5m1rYRfQYDP3dkLuQ_jpMlzTL6hzQQZ8mKKO2JUzGIGhsq6jTD83uH0&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

301_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=hGF-trWFkDYAX_1Ya1_&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

343_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=hM__hDEBnIUAX9ZsiTb&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

650_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=3sUXM2AYnAUAX84lArv&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I have about 200 miles on her now. First off, this thing is MUCH faster than the old model I had (16SP with bmw motorcycle engine). When I say much faster I mean it feels twice as fast. It's so fast you would be asking yourself if it could even be any faster without sacrificing the chassis etc. The Kawasaki ZX14 motor/trans/electronics are sooooo much better of a combo than the BMW crap. I can't think of even one negative compared to the bmw. Maintenance, reliability etc.

I am going to dragy this thing once the ground is warmer. It spins pretty easily but it's mid 40's low 50's here. My guess is mid 10's near 130mph. Since your sitting an inch off the ground it feels really really fast.

The lighter weight is very noticeable but it does feel like you sacrificed a little bit of size somewhere. I think it feels smaller but I have not confirmed that. The new dash is excellent and so are the kawasaki modes/info center.

Negatives...well, I don't know if mine was built on a friday but my throttle cable was sticking which is VERY scary to deal with. Campagna overnighted a new cable and come to find out whoever installed the old cable used 9 zip ties to hold it down instead of the factory required 3.

My steering wheel is off center but the alignment is perfect. This will be fixed in the next few days.

My gas cap got stuck and I could not get gas. They sent a new cap and paid my emergency mechanic bill. Apparently the gas caps on ALL of them are faulty. I did get a new design one and it's flawless so far.

Pretty annoying things but expected from a manufacturer who builds very low numbers of these.

Overall I am very happy and can't wait to put more miles on this thing. Such a crazy experience that I love to enjoy. More pics...

View attachment 1695093
View attachment 1695094
View attachment 1695095
View attachment 1695096
View attachment 1695097
View attachment 1695098

Nice! I bet that thing is pure adrenaline.

VegasMichael

Established Member

View attachment 1695093
View attachment 1695094
View attachment 1695095
View attachment 1695096
View attachment 1695097
View attachment 1695098
I'm guessing you have no H.O.A. in your 'hood. My H.O.A. would have a total meltdown if that amount of vehicles were kept in the driveway.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the follow-up report. You've had any build issues resolved by the manufacturer which is awesome. Sounds like their customer service is outstanding. You're going to have a lot of fun Saturday/Sundays with that "little" beast! Enjoy, and be safe!
upload_2021-3-21_8-51-59.png

ArabianOak

Established Member
Thanks for the follow-up report. You've had any build issues resolved by the manufacturer which is awesome. Sounds like their customer service is outstanding. You're going to have a lot of fun Saturday/Sundays with that "little" beast! Enjoy, and be safe!
View attachment 1695145

thank you. And yes, customer service is always the key for these sort of things. I commend them.

Users who are viewing this thread