When do we see '13 viper vs GT500?

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
The new viper, probably going to be tough to beat on any course (and street light), but still would love to see some comparisons or videos, got any?

:banana:

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Probably not going to
like the million of GT500 vs ZL1 articles/threads
it's all gonna be about the VIPER GTS VS ZR1

Who's the poster here that has every new performance car in his stable?....He'll probably get a new Viper and compare them for us!

rdsnk46

Established Member
We had a group from Palm Beach head south to Miami today. One guy brought his shop car a 2013 GT500 with a CAI and a lower pulley. He raced a lightly modded ZR-1 from what understand and it was a 60 roll with the 500 jumping out on the hit and the Z puliing back a fender at the top end of the race. Video shpuld be up soon, note the driver of the 500 is not a seasoned stick shift driver but he does have a 9 second Silverado 1500 king cab that runs a turbo charged LS.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Im anxious to see the new viper honestly....GT500 against it? I dont know....Viper vs. ZR1

But i would not be scared to run one :shrug:

KENS96M6

Established Member
Isnt the new viper going to be starting out in the $130 range?

That is what I read. So I could buy two GT500 for the price of a new Viper. Should not even compare the two cars. I mean, hell if cost is not a factor, everyone should just buy a Bugatti's or two.

Jroc

Established Member
My bet is that a new Viper will outperform a ZR1 stock even though they will likely be very close. Still I'm sure Viper was being tested against ZR1 when it was being developed

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
From a 60-130 pull, even giving the '13 GT-R the kick, the '13 GT500 walks it. Period.
From a lower speed roll (~40-50 mph, where the GT-R can take advantage of better gearing), it will hold off the GT500 with the Shelby creeping on it.
From a dig...it's a slaughter.
Hopefully vids to follow.
S.

Jroc

Established Member
From a 60-130 pull, even giving the '13 GT-R the kick, the '13 GT500 walks it. Period.
From a lower speed roll (~40-50 mph, where the GT-R can take advantage of better gearing), it will hold off the GT500 with the Shelby creeping on it.
S.

Which one works better at dropping panties??? :??:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
S.

Sub'n for vids! Thanks!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Those things roll up top. I was shocked when the car came around me every time at ~90-100 mph. I was manually shifting the GT-R too. From a low speed roll, the GT-R holds off the inevitable. But yeah...lol...from a dig it was very ugly, especially on unprepped back roads that would resemble what you'd find out on a typical street/light.
S.

Soon to be SVT

Established Member
Who would have ever though a domestic would be asking to run from a roll and an import would be asking to run from a dig?

:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread