Where are all the 2015's?

SlowSVT

Established Member
So far I have only seen 1 2015 Mustang in the wild. I remember right when the S197 came out they sprouted-up all over the place almost overnight. I live in L.A. which is the Mustang Capitol of the world. Am I the only one? :shrug:

Maybe they exported most of them. How well are they selling?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I've heard of a couple being sold at our dealerships here, but still haven't seen one yet. This reminds me of when the s197 hit. Still remember the first one I saw....

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I just asked a friend how many he's seen which equates to "1"

This isn't natural

I somewhat agree. It doesn't even snow down here ever and I've only seen 1 new mustang so far (wasn't even a GT - and this was over a month ago)

Not like people are storing them for a harsh winter over here. My guess would be: 1. Prices are too high. 2. Production is still early. 3. Possibly recalls?

ATTFighter

Established Member
The problem is, it is taking Ford so long to build them and get them to the buyers for some reason. People are waiting months and months and months. Even people who order in November are probably going to be looking at a FEB/MAR delivery.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
So far I have only seen 1 2015 Mustang in the wild. I remember right when the S197 came out they sprouted-up all over the place almost overnight. I live in L.A. which is the Mustang Capitol of the world. Am I the only one? :shrug:

Maybe they exported most of them. How well are they selling?

They have not started shipping overseas yet, only to Canada. My car that was built on 11/25 was number 32,xxx that has been built. They are well past 40k now.

I see a few a week here in the ATL area. I know FL, TX have gotten a ton of them so far.

Dave07

Established Member
I've only seen one at the dealership. None on the road. Who the hell wants to buy a new mustang in the dead of PA winter.

Probably will see more in the spring.

mjohns930

Established Member
I've seen about five or so on the roads in the east Bay Area in California. Saw a guard ecoboost going west on 80 yesterday. That's a neat color, but not for me.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've only seen 2 on the road so far. One of them was weeks ago, very shortly after they arrived at dealerships. You can't say they aren't selling, the sales numbers prove otherwise, unless that's including factory orders that aren't on the road yet.

My parent's local dealership has around 10 sitting out front (zero PP cars), and I drove a manual ecoboost on Thanksgiving weekend. You should have seen the huge salesguy try to fit in the backseat behind my wife lol.

Canberra

Established Member
Officially FORD starts selling the ponies here in Europe by the end of 2015 .
Some cars were shipped but those are only a few private imports.

bpmurr

Established Member
I've seen a few in my area. A couple at Rev Auto when I paid a visit and at the Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread