Where do you purge your Nitrous??

trakit

Established Member
Post pics/vids if you have them. Trying to decide.

Anyone do it in the engine bay?? I know they say you are not supposed to. :rolling:

NoSlo5oH

Established Member

125oh

Established Member
I just purged mine out of the front of the grill in the center , I have no horse cuz I have the black 7 bar grill.

CorDog009

Established Member
You can purge it anywhere, depending on if you want people to see it or not. Under the hood is fine if you want it hidden, it's not flammable or anything. I've done it out the center of a cowl induction hood, making sure it wouldn't hit the windshield on a hot day.

NTXRockr

Established Member
I purged up through the windshield wiper panel, in the center but following the edge toward the passenger side of the windshield. That way it doesn't fog up my view, it is still discreet when I need it to be and gets it out of the engine bay.

If I'm in a grudge match I'll either "purge" it into the intake by sitting in neutral and hitting the launch button simultaneously with wot...or I bump the button a couple times while in the burnout box. Both are stealthy enough lol

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

clean92lx

Established Member
Great thread! Been thinking about how to do mine, I was thinking about having it come out of the passenger side hood vent..

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Into the intake manifold. Don't have a purge on the car so I just arm the system and 'burp' it before racing.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Cant think of any cool places to purge from on the 13/14 aside from the hood vent. I always liked how the terminator/gt500 guys would have it from the snake

Cashbum

Established Member
I don't have any pics right now. My car is frozen solid right now lol. I can get some tomorrow when it warns up

nonliberal

Established Member
I purge the nitrous into the the drivers seat cushion so when I'm driving naked in the summer time my stuff don't stick to the leather. :shrug:

Last edited:

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
A lot of it depends on where you mount the solenoids too. I think the hood vent is a very good idea. Only problem I foresee with that location is, it may require the use of nylon lines which would be more flexible to make opening/closing the hood a non issue. I tried using the aluminum purge line that came with my purge kit and it was a PITA to conform to the route I needed to take. I ended up having to order a custom length line with b-nuts already installed on both ends for my purge and it worked much better.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p790/10HUTT/2013 Mustang GT/image_zps5423f3d1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread