Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I don't have the plaque for my car.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Left it laying in turn 14 (Kevins corner) at Road America

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

griffined

SVT driver
I'm just curious what other 00R owner's have done with the small engine plaque that has the car's VIN and build number on it.
Did you leave it in the black notebook binder pocket?
Did you stick it on the valve cover or somewhere under the hood?
Did you stick it on the console or somewhere inside the car?

Ed

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by griffined
I'm just curious what other 00R owner's have done with the small engine plaque that has the car's VIN and build number on it.
Did you leave it in the black notebook binder pocket?
Did you stick it on the valve cover or somewhere under the hood?
Did you stick it on the console or somewhere inside the car?

Ed

Sorry Ed, had to add another choice for a certain person that likes offroading thier R. :beer:

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Where is your 00R engine plaque?

Originally posted by kevin
at least some of us DO drive it:D :D :beer:

Going in circles and stopping in the kitty litter is what you consider "driving"? :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :shrug: :D :D

kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is your 00R engine plaque?

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Going in circles and stopping in the kitty litter is what you consider "driving"? :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :shrug: :D :D

scenic touring in that instance:D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Where is your 00R engine plaque?

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Sorry Ed, had to add another choice for a certain person that likes offroading thier R. :beer:

Brian

Holy crapola Brian:

I didn't even know these things were built for off roading?:lol: :lol: :beer: :lol: :lol: :beer:

Andy M

Established Member
Mine was originally stuck onto the right side valve cover on the engine (by the original owner) but I have since moved it inside the car just to the right of the steering wheel on the grainy part of the dash.

As for the offroading discussion... I have been fortunate enough to have not gone off track yet in the R! I suppose it is just a matter of time, huh? I got squirrelly a couple of times at Mid-America..does that count? no mud under my car though! :bash:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Yep, it is deffinately a when, not a if. I have been fortunate so far also, but the when and where (hopefully not with witnesses) is what weighs in on my mind.

Bruce,
I don't think they were built for it, being from Texas, I think Kevin just had to see if there was oil below that kitty litter in turn 14. :shrug:

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Hard to see it, but its in front of the shifter:

00cobraconsole.jpe

kevin

when you push the car to the lmit - offroading WILL happen.

brian - you WILL get caught:D

bruce - sure they're built for off road excursions:D

andy - it WILL happen the more you track the car and try to find the lmit. AND it may even be caused by oil or coolant on the track (i think coolant should be band no matter what the event).

at some point i've spun each of my cars and two off track (and some more than once) (ok. once i claimed the brakes weren't BIG enough and it had nothing to do with the speed i was carrying into the turn:D )

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
(ok. once i claimed the brakes weren't BIG enough and it had nothing to do with the speed i was carrying into the turn:D )

Kevin:

Maybe we should talk to the boys over at Roush and see if we can get a Nascar Wilwood setup conversion kits for our "R's" along with some "Martinsville" pads :lol: :lol: :lol:

kevin

Originally posted by ac427cobra
Kevin:

Maybe we should talk to the boys over at Roush and see if we can get a Nascar Wilwood setup conversion kits for our "R's" along with some "Martinsville" pads :lol: :lol: :lol:

it wasn't my r.

it was the car w/15" wheels and racing brembos

Andy M

Established Member
when you push the car to the lmit - offroading WILL happen.

brian - you WILL get caught:D

bruce - sure they're built for off road excursions:D

andy - it WILL happen the more you track the car and try to find the lmit. AND it may even be caused by oil or coolant on the track (i think coolant should be band no matter what the event).

at some point i've spun each of my cars and two off track (and some more than once) (ok. once i claimed the brakes weren't BIG enough and it had nothing to do with the speed i was carrying into the turn:D )

I am getting much closer now to the edge of traction than I have ever been in the R. I realized this at MAM when I was carrying close to 140 mph and braking in the 2-3 zone coming into the first turn!! :) So, I know that as I search for the "zone" between me and the car to become ever faster... I WILL undoubtedly lose it one day and go off track. I just want to be prepared mentally and have the necessary skills to handle it when it does happen.

btw: I agree with you on the coolant issue. The only reason I am running coolant right now is because it is winter time... I will be draining it again in March/April and running distilled water/water wetter combo again like I did last summer. It seems to work well.

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
[ I just want to be prepared mentally and have the necessary skills to handle it when it does happen.

]

remember "both feet in" and go straight rather than take a turn you "know" you can't and "catch an edge"

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Ok, could someone please clear this up for me. Everyone keeps talking about a "black binder" and this engine plaque that came with their cars. I am the second owner of mine, and I nor the first owner got a binder with the car. I called SVT on numerous occasions, and each time they act like I am talking nonsense. I was also told that only the last R, # 300 came with a "binder" of pictures from the assembly line from start to finish. So what's the truth? What's the myth? I would love to have a plaque with my car # on it. Hope someone can clarify this for me and a few others.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dave:

Every "R" came with a binder that contained pictures, and information regarding the "R" project cars. It was mailed separately towards the end of the project.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread